Recommendations for using up calories today?

Options
I burned 1,086 calories at a bootcamp this morning. Feel like a BOSS.

Post-workout protein shake: protein powder, almond milk, spinach, and blueberries
Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with broccoli cuts, corn, and hot sauce

Normal calories set at 1200 for the day so after that workout, shake, and breakfast, I have 1,707 calories left according to MFP. Hahaha WTF should I eat? I'm ovo-vegetarian (no meat or cheese but I eat eggs).

Lunch is coming up so I'd love some recommendations. Some restaurant options nearby: Indian, Mexican (real and Chipotle stuff too), an organic vegan place with fake meats/cheeses, Korean, Japanese, Falafel place, and some standard sandwich places. Gotta love the diversity of downtown DC :)

After lunch I'll figure out what I'm lacking and make sure to have a great snack and then a good dinner tonight. There's probably no way I'll eat ALL of the exercise calories, but my body needs to refuel and I want to power it for the weekend!

Thanks!

If it helps, I'm a lady, about 5'4" and weigh around 160.

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for the falafel and get it with all the fixings! It's filling as well as loaded with good things for you!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    almonds, a small amount goes a long ways towards using up calories, or a good baby spinach salad with some added chicken breast will not go wrong.
  • gettingfit1961
    Options
    First off, impressive workout! Good for you!

You have a lot of calories to work with there! Perhaps you want to check how you're doing on vitamins/minerals for the day/week and use that as a guide?

Aside from that, as much as I luuuuv Mexican food, that would be low on my list because it tends to be fairly high in fat. I agree with beccala18 -- felafel!

My husband was stationed in DC for a year (last year), so I was able to spend some time there. Wonderful city! I'm a native Californian. :-)
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    Falafel does sound pretty delicious...I found out (the hard way--headache) that a great falafel place a few blocks away has feta cheese in all of their hummuses :( But there's another place that has good falafel (and regular hummus) in my building! I don't even need to brave the cold again just yet. Thanks becalla/gettingfit!