Going Out on a Date

Options
I was thinking. Why is that when we go out on a date whether its with our significant other, husband, gals and guy friends, we always go out to eat. I need to find some creative places to go and things to do that does not involve food and having to take an hour to decide what to eat and drink! LOL!!
:drinker:

Replies

• Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    I highly recommend dancing, community theater, and museums.
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    If it's something that's not last minute, you could always check the restaurant website (that'll you'll be going to) and decide what you want to eat there before you even go out. That's what I do. Or you could go to the movies and skip the soda and popcorn... :tongue:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    when I go out (especially with the girls)...we want to chat and catch up...so sitting at a table in a semi quiet place is convenient...however...we could meet for coffee or a walk

what I do that make the food decision easier is...I go to the same 3 restaurants...that way I already know what I am going to order!

GOOD LUCK
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Museums (no food allowed), I love walking by the water with a date, tour of your city...
  • Dmonique85
    Dmonique85 Posts: 112
    Options
    Walk somewhere pretty on nice nights, go bowling/skating (I know that's old school but I still love it)
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I highly recommend dancing, community theater, and museums.

I second these suggestions. Also, is there a garden or something in your community? They can be nice to go to and just walk around. Zoos can also be good, especially because of all the walking (and then if you go eat afterwards, you'll have extra calories :happy: ) It all depends on where you live, really. Look around your community for things that you might not have realized were there. I just found out that there's a multicultural center with artwork and stuff near where I live.

Of course, if you live out in the country like I used to, then you'll really have to get creative to avoid the typical "dinner and/or movie" date.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I tried to get the gals to go to a zumba class one evening with me. None of them liked that idea. But there's a fitness "pole dancing" night coming up soon. Hopefully I can convince them to partake in that. Sounds fun!!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Museums (no food allowed), I love walking by the water with a date, tour of your city...

I luv Museums!!!! I'm going to plan a museum date or a walk downtown for my next adventure for my next date