What is ridiculous?

Options
Voncreepy2
Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
What are some of the crazy things that people do everyday that you consider ridiculously ironic or goofy, maybe even stupid?

Like the guy that rides up your butt for miles and then flies around you only to get behind the slow car in front of you.Ha. I have to laugh.

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Like the guy that rides up your butt for miles and then flies around you only to get behind the slow car in front of you.Ha. I have to laugh.

Thinking along the same line--- the guy in the lane next to you who speeds up in order to get in front of you, only to make a hazardous attempt at squeezing between you and the car very close in front of you! All the while there is absolutely noone behind you!!! Why couldn't he just get behind?? So frustrating.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    2 things:

1) I find it crazy that in rush hour traffic you get these morons that switch lanes like crazy trying to get ahead of everyone else and they all drive bumper to bumper not realizing that if they slowed down for just a freaking minute and let people in and out of merge lanes that the traffic would flow much smoother and they would get there faster.

2) People who have allowed themselves to gain weight over the years and then come on mfp expecting to shed 20 pounds or more in a month by starving their bodies and I am not talking about starvation mode I mean from a nutritional standpoint.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    In keeping with the driving theme....when you see someone up ahead waiting to pull out.....there is still enough distance for them to safely pull out, but they sit there, and sit there, and sit there.....only to pull out when you're almost on top of them and they cut you off!!! Grrr, that pisses me off.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Speaking of driving: People who speed to get around you, cut in front and then turn right after. Like you couldn't have waited 1.5 more seconds to turn?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    In keeping with the driving theme....when you see someone up ahead waiting to pull out.....there is still enough distance for them to safely pull out, but they sit there, and sit there, and sit there.....only to pull out when you're almost on top of them and they cut you off!!! Grrr, that pisses me off.
    lol I do the fake out for these ppl, I gun it for a second making them think its closing off so they grab it but I am still far enough away to be safe.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    people who think their 4 wheel drive makes them invincible in a snow storm (see ya in the ditch a mile up the road!)

people who yell at cashiers for an error in the computer system

people who allow their children to scream in a store without showing them any concern

people who allow their children to run around like banshees in stores/restaurants/any public place.

people who leave frozen goods on a store shelf because they are too lazy to take them back when they change their mind.

people who drive the speed limit in the fast lane (go as slow as you want in the other two...but MOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE)
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I live at college. You might as well ask what ISN'T ridiculous :laugh:

My favorite goofy things on campus are:

1: graffiti of famous people's heads that show up everywhere
    2. The man who practices riding his unicycle at least once a week (I think he's finally improving!)
    3. The accordian playing man and the bag-pipe playing man who both play in the campus park (though never at the same time, thank goodness)
    4. random sticky notes in the strangest places, all of which say "quack" -- I don't understand if this is some sort of secret code or something, but it's very odd

I love my campus. :smile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    And a fitness related one.....I see this all the time at the gym. People who jack the incline way up on the treadmill, but then lazily hold on to the top of the machine and lean back. Now I'm not talking about the people that need the rails for balance, I'm talking about young, fit looking people who apparently think they are really benefiting from the incline being to the max.....if they would drop the incline a little, and walk without holding on as if they're walking uphill, they would benefit a lot more from it.

And sorry, I'm on a roll....when perfectly healthy looking people park in a handicap spot AT THE GYM. I know I know, you can't always tell what someone may be suffering from just by looking at them, but what could this guy possibly have been doing at the gym that would have been any LESS strenuous than walking another 40 feet from a regular spot?
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    It irks me to go to the grocery store and see the people who are so obese (don't mean to offend anyone) they ride in the electric carts and have nothing in the basket but 4 cases of diet pop, potato chips and oreos, while they reach for the pre packaged processes 1000 cal hungry man in the freezer section... :( makes me sad actually. EDUCATION PEOPLE!!!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I know I know, you can't always tell what someone may be suffering from just by looking at them, but what could this guy possibly have been doing at the gym that would have been any LESS strenuous than walking another 40 feet from a regular spot?

LMAO!!! :laugh:
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options

And sorry, I'm on a roll....when perfectly healthy looking people park in a handicap spot AT THE GYM. I know I know, you can't always tell what someone may be suffering from just by looking at them, but what could this guy possibly have been doing at the gym that would have been any LESS strenuous than walking another 40 feet from a regular spot?

On the same note someone who has a disabled family member, but still uses the handicap spots when they don't have that person with them! I saw a giant jacked up Pickup truck, raised suspension and mud tires on it, with a handicap plate... WTF?!?! LOLOL
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I live at college. You might as well ask what ISN'T ridiculous :laugh:

My favorite goofy things on campus are:

1: graffiti of famous people's heads that show up everywhere
    2. The man who practices riding his unicycle at least once a week (I think he's finally improving!)
    3. The accordian playing man and the bag-pipe playing man who both play in the campus park (though never at the same time, thank goodness)
    4. random sticky notes in the strangest places, all of which say "quack" -- I don't understand if this is some sort of secret code or something, but it's very odd

I love my campus. :smile:

Lol, have you ever asked about the sticky notes? That would drive me insane, I MUST know what it means!

Speaking of college campuses, one day I saw this guy get out of his car, put his back pack on and start hopping to class on one leg. I thought it was strange, but figured maybe he hurt his other leg and didn't have a crutch or anything. But then later I'm in class, I glance out the window only to see two more guys hopping around on one leg. I look around the room and no one else seems to notice.....I can only guess it was some kind of group hazing kind of thing, lol.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    It irks me to go to the grocery store and see the people who are so obese (don't mean to offend anyone) they ride in the electric carts and have nothing in the basket but 4 cases of diet pop, potato chips and oreos, while they reach for the pre packaged processes 1000 cal hungry man in the freezer section... :( makes me sad actually. EDUCATION PEOPLE!!!

oh wow. You are so right though. I bet if they walked around the store, they'd at least lose 2 pounds a week.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    people who think their 4 wheel drive makes them invincible in a snow storm (see ya in the ditch a mile up the road!)

people who yell at cashiers for an error in the computer system

people who allow their children to scream in a store without showing them any concern

people who allow their children to run around like banshees in stores/restaurants/any public place.

people who leave frozen goods on a store shelf because they are too lazy to take them back when they change their mind.

people who drive the speed limit in the fast lane (go as slow as you want in the other two...but MOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE)

AMEN ON EVERYTHING!!!!

May I add :
    - The people that sit at a green light for more than 5 seconds! Really?! What shade of green are you waiting for?!?!
    - Unnecessary tire squealing.
    - The people who have their right turn signal on for a mile but then come to a sudden complete and utter stop to turn right finally.
    - People who drive in your blind spot. Why?!
    ...........I can probably keep going!

Oh and one more, and I am sure we all know someone like this....but it really just annoys me.... People who are overweight/obese and laugh at and make fun of people who are eating better and exercising. Like really?! Really! How is all that mouth moving working out for you? Losing 2lbs a week from it, are ya? You're not, can't imagine why? Its ok cuz we all know who is going to get the last laugh in the end :bigsmile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

This gets me in trouble every d*** time! Especially on the first on the month...
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more, and I am sure we all know someone like this....but it really just annoys me.... People who are overweight/obese and laugh at and make fun of people who are eating better and exercising. Like really?! Really! How is all that mouth moving working out for you? Losing 2lbs a week from it, are ya? You're not, can't imagine why? Its ok cuz we all know who is going to get the last laugh in the end :bigsmile:

I was working out at Red Rocks the other day (it's this great outdoor ampitheatre here in CO-great place to workout) and there was this huge group of stoners sitting at the top laughing at all the fit people working their *kitten* off. Annoyed the *kitten* out of me until I went and called them out for being stupid lazy potheads. Not that I care if they smoke but shut the hell up, already.
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    When your in a grocery store check out and the person in front of you has 2 carriages full of food and you have ONE ITEM!!! God forbid if the person says, hey do you want to go in front of me so you dont have to wait all day in line? :)
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I was working out at Red Rocks the other day (it's this great outdoor ampitheatre here in CO-great place to workout) and there was this huge group of stoners sitting at the top laughing at all the fit people working their *kitten* off. Annoyed the *kitten* out of me until I went and called them out for being stupid lazy potheads. Not that I care if they smoke but shut the hell up, already.

Wait. People smoke weed in Colorado? :wink:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Wait. People smoke weed in Colorado? :wink:

They don't call it Rocky Mountain High for nothing!