nanny question

Options
2»

Replies

• AJBond
    AJBond Posts: 14
    Options
    Depends on where you are located... I nannied for 2 kids...twins 4 years old...and worked about the same hours...and my pay was 400 a week...but since they are more indendent being older...I would say 350
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I do have lots of experience. I was a baby, toddler and preschool teacher for over 2 years. I have over 15 years of babysitting experience . Ive also been a nanny for over a year and tons of other experience.
  • angieralkey
    angieralkey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I have been a nanny for the last 4 years. It really depends on what area you are working in, how many kids/ages, and what other duties will be in your job description. I work through a nanny agency and watch two children and make $650 a week. Without going through a nanny agency i would at least ask for $10 per hr. If household duties are included such as housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, and errands request more. Best of luck on your interview!!
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Dude low end is 10 an hour.... nannies are no joke. What i would do is i would set up a plan i would go in asking for 15 to 20 but i would also have a planned out day outlining the activities we would do and what times.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I charge 10 an hour for one kid and 11 -12 for two kids. I've been a nanny and babysitter for years, they all charge this amount. So if you ask for less, you are REALLY giving her a discount. Day cares are about 150 a week so pretty much a deal again.

So you would charge $525 a week for 1 child?? :huh: Do you have State Licensing and First Aid Certification?

I have 2 kids ages 7 and 10, and I pay $130 a week for daycare during the summer. Drop them off around 730 and pick them up at 530 M-F. Daycare provides breakfast lunch and snack.
    I do have to pay extra when they have activities (such as swimming or skating)

Holy cow..really depends on area
    I am in Northern NJ..about 30min outside of NYC
    I have a 6/7 yr old and the cheapest place I could find for the summer and it is only 9-3, 3 days a week is $1500 a mnth for 2 kids
    so $375 a week for 2 kids
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    Depends what your going rate is where you live. . . . .
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My sister pays her nanny $400 per week. It costs more than day care, but I don't think it is a position that is an hourly rate, rather a salary or flat weekly rate.

Keep us posted! I'm curious as to what a Nanny makes. I am sure it depends also on the age of the children; newborns require more attention than older children. Is it a summer job or a full time year round position? Are the children in school?