Help! Right amount of Calories but too much protein, carbs,

Step7837
Step7837 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
:mad:
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me and also answer the same question for someone else. I have been off and on placing my calories and workouts on this site and I find it really helpful.

But...

I get my calories in to sustain my 1200 a day plus my workouts (cardio and/or strength 5 days a week/1 hr per day) . At the end of the day i am almost always over in protein, sugars and fats. Occasionally carbs. I know this is affecting my weight loss.....

Soooo...

How do I get enough calories in without going over board in the other areas? Is too much protein bad? How can enough calories but too much of the other stuff affect my weight loss and exersise?

Hope someone can answer all these for me! Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well as i',m pretty much all ways over on my protein and sometimes on other bits
  • BeckyWBT
    BeckyWBT Posts: 5
    I think that is my problem, over on the carbs but not on the calories. I am trying to go over on the protein now but stay in my calorie range i will let you know how it works out over the next few weeks.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Going over on sugars, fats, and carbs will affect your weight loss. Going over on your protein is not that bad. I go over all the time. Watch the other things more closely and dont worry so much about the protein.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    MFP pretty much has protein needs too low anyhow so you should actually shoot to be over on that. I wouldn't worry for one second about being over on protein.

Carbs, well it depends on what kind of carbs you are eating and your body. For myself if I go over on carbs but get a good work out in it's no big deal but if I'm eating white wonder bread by the loaf (LOL) then my body will hold on to that forever.

It's not a perfect system and what works for your body is different than for someone else.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Yeah, it's because you're eating foods based on a 2,000 calorie a day diet. I guess I should post about this stuff. You're eating only 1,200 calories a day, so you need to keep your serving sizes according to your diet.

1200/2000 = .6

So, say for example that you're going to eat 3 cookies worth 150 calories based on a 2,000 calorie a day diet. You'll say 3 X .6 = 1.8 cookies.

.6 X 150 = 90 calories. So, if you ate foods according to your 1,200 calories a day meal plan, you'll do better at staying within your recommended amount of fats.
This discussion has been closed.