Colon

Options
I just wanted to get your opinions on colon cleansing.

Is eating healthy enough? Do herbal cleaning's work?

What's the best way for me to go about cleaning my colon.

Replies

• deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Bump. I want to see these responses as well. Thanks for posting.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to get your opinions on colon cleansing.

Is eating healthy enough? Do herbal cleaning's work?

What the best way for me to go about cleaning my colon.

It cleans itself. It doesn't need any help.

Just eat decent food, including sufficient fiber, and get a little exercise.
  • Chitownblue
    Options
    Exercise isn't a problem, that's part of my daily routine.

Ever since I started watching the food I eat, I noticed my bowel movements are slowing down.

I've been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables and eating essentially no processed foods.
  • KileyPowers
    Options
    DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON CLEANSES!!!
    My dietetics professor told our class there is no safe cleanses. her recommendation: drink plenty of water, eat foods rich in natural fiber ( ex: apples, whole grains ) and exercise to keep things ( and by things i mean poop) moving : )
  • Chitownblue
    Options
    haha, don't worry I'm way to cheap to waist my money on something I don't need. I was more so just inquiring.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

Ever since I started watching the food I eat, I noticed my bowel movements are slowing down.

I've been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables and eating essentially no processed foods.

Maybe you aren't drinking enough? Or maybe you cut out too many fats?
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options

Your body simply has less waste to eliminate than before. All of the junk and processed foods are harder for the body to digest, therefore, a lot of it exits the body with very little being processed.
  • Chitownblue
    Options

Maybe you aren't drinking enough? Or maybe you cut out too many fats?

I can always drink more water, I seem to struggle at times to get enough in. I seem to drink most my water during my workouts, which is when I need more water anyways. My fat intake is defiantly a lot lower then before.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    good fats, fiber, water, and exercise
  • Chitownblue
    Options

Your body simply has less waste to eliminate than before. All of the junk and processed foods are harder for the body to digest, therefore, a lot of it exits the body with very little being processed.

I thought about that, but aren't you supposed to have at least one movement a day. I usually seem to skip a day.