I am not on a diet!!!

Options
I am tired of people walking on their tip-toes around me because I'm on a "diet."

I AM NOT ON A DIET!

I have not spent a year of my life shedding 70lbs and completely changing the way that I eat so you could worry about me or shun me from all social events involving food.

I am not ON a diet, this IS my diet. This is just the way that I eat now, and it always will be.

So please include me in your restaurant gatherings, ask me what I want from the take-out menu, and please don't ask me "what do you eat now?" when you've offered to have me or my family over for dinner.

I can function in the real world, I can handle real food.

Please sweep up the eggshells, they aren't needed around me anymore.

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Options
    RIGHT?!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You rock girl!!!!:drinker:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    well said:smile:
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    amen!!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Excellent weight loss....congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • amwells82
    amwells82 Posts: 12
    Options
    EXACTLY!!!
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    Well said! That is exactly how you should put it to your friends. It is a life style of better choices. A lot of Restaurants even help now by having nutritional content available on many of their foods. Food prep can have so many hidden fats but those of us living this life style know that and now have the tools to navigate most any place!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Very well said!

and Congratulations for the 70lbs loss!!, you have done amazing!!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    By definition DIET means what you eat. It's just been adapted by society to mean you only eat lettuce leafs or some random thing to drop weight quick.

You are right, this is your life, this is what you choose to eat and you can still make your choices and be included with people.

Most of my family doesn't care about nutrition but I do so if we're going out I like to know where ahead of time so I can "plan my attack." and make it work for me while still enjoying being with my family.
  • xtal614
    xtal614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! I like to think it is a way of life, not a diet. You are changing YOU for the better. Not just to lose a few pounds, but to continuously change your lifestyle until what your doing works for you :)
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Thanks all, for helping me keep my sanity. I'm just frustrated. Now that I'm not labeled as the "fat-girl" anymore I'm now the "former-fat-girl," and it's driving me up a wall.
  • mnchkn0408
    mnchkn0408 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well said! and congrads on the weight lost thats really amazing
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Amen! Although I brought this on myself lately. I'm very,very close to meeting a goal right now, and when I don't have full OCD-control over my food I freak out a little. Going out to eat is the worst thing in the world to me right now. :cry:
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    HOLLA! =) Well said! :bigsmile:
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Exactly!!! WELL PUT!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That was amazing awesome.. Well Said!!! You go girl! I can only dream of losing 70lbs one day. I am doing one small step at a time.

I bow to your awesome-ness!!
  • khharms
    khharms Posts: 12
    Options
    Good for you, and WELL SAID!!
    and yet if you were overweight they would snicker and say - I cant believe she's eating that... make a few changes and they still say - I can't believe she's eating that. People are strange aren't they?!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    awesomeness! :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :happy: :bigsmile: :glasses: :smooched: