I can't drink water

Options

Replies

• froggirl
    Options
    I love water. And it's free in most restaurants so it saves $ when you eat out. How good is that?
  • LadeeB
    LadeeB Posts: 10
    Options
    I used to hate drinking water. but I've found that if i drink water from
    a bottle, I can guzzle it down. weird! lol :drinker:
    But if it's in a regular cup, i'll sip it and then throw it out.
    and mind you the water in my bottle is usually tap water.. lol
    i just refill my Dasani bottles :ohwell:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I drink it room temperature - I can chug down about 8 oz at once - I space my "chugs" so I don't feel like barfy feeling.

I have heard at room temperature is better for you but who knows I find I drink more faster that way.

Crstal light has some yummy flavors one of my fav's when it's hot is the Raspberry lemonade:tongue:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I have a very hard time drinking water. I feel like I'm going to throw up if I try drinking too much. Help! What else can I count as water intake?

Okay what water are you drinking? Is it your tap water? If so I know how bad some city water tastes and I gag also when trying to drink it and there is no hiding the taste tea crystal light nothing. I have to take my own tea with me when I visit a frfiend cause her water is so nasty.

so what I am getting at is get you a filter for your tap and if that don't help buy bottled water.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I will say this the nicest way possible!

Just suck it up and drink it people!! LOL!

I can only tell you that I drink a minimum of 72 ounces a day, usually a lot more. It helps me feel better, have more energy, wake me up, feel full, yada yada yada. You will get used to it and before you know it, things with sweeteners, etc will taste disgusting! I am at that point. If I drink a diet coke, I can only drink a little bit and it just isn't appealing at all.

I get up and force myself to down a 24 ounce glass of water before I allow myself the coffee. Sometimes I am not in the mood but I force myself and even before my coffee is done, I will start waking up from the benefits of the water. It's good stuff everyone. Give it a chance!! :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options

I can only tell you that I drink a minimum of 72 ounces a day, usually a lot more.

You must pee all the time.

I do! :bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between can't....and won't.

I don't like water, makes me gag....but I choose to drink it for my health.
    Foods with a high water content can help somewhat but I am not sure it's as good for you as plain old water. Again, there is a difference between thirst and hunger for a reason.

Bunny-- I'm usually the one with the snapoutofit.gif attitude-- what gives? LOL-- I agree. Yes, you CAN drink the water-- do what it takes, it's good for you.

I told you...I have an attitude problem today.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I can only tell you that I drink a minimum of 72 ounces a day, usually a lot more.

Well, that's exercise right there! Running to the bathroom every 5 minutes!
  • TamTastic
    Options

Exacerryyy!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    just be careful with the artificial sweeteners in the flavor pouch things.

and i've even seen people slice a cucumber really thinly and put that in water with some lime. its tasty and refreshing. and then when you eat the cukes, you get your greens too. WIN-WIN.
  • TamTastic
    Options

and i've even seen people slice a cucumber really thinly and put that in water with some lime. its tasty and refreshing. and then when you eat the cukes, you get your greens too. WIN-WIN.

Ohhh! Great idea!!!! Sounds really refreshing too!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between can't....and won't.

I don't like water, makes me gag....but I choose to drink it for my health.
    Foods with a high water content can help somewhat but I am not sure it's as good for you as plain old water. Again, there is a difference between thirst and hunger for a reason.

Bunny-- I'm usually the one with the snapoutofit.gif attitude-- what gives? LOL-- I agree. Yes, you CAN drink the water-- do what it takes, it's good for you.

I told you...I have an attitude problem today.

I wrote this one first this morning, Bunny, dear-- :bigsmile: before you 'splained.

I still think you rock today!!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Ohhh! Great idea!!!! Sounds really refreshing too!!!

SOOOOOOOO tasty! and they fold up to fit right into your water bottles.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

I just wait until I shower.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I have a very hard time drinking water. I feel like I'm going to throw up if I try drinking too much. Help! What else can I count as water intake?

maybe try not drinking so much if you drink so much it makes you throw up?:wink:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Throw a squirt of lemon in there and drink it. You'll get used to it quickly I promise. Something you can try is mixing 1/2 100% fruit juices with 1/2 water, then slowly eliminate the juices. Water is so good for you, it's all I drink, you really just have to get over the feelings you have. Ease into it. :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Does diet soda count as water? Just curious.
    WATER counts as WATER!:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: