Eating at night

Options
Good day everyone, does anyone have a suggestions. I have a little problem that i am trying to overcome. Since I have been on this diet it is very hard for me to stop eating after 8 pm. For so many years that i have known i usually eat when I get off work which is generally after 930pm. I am trying to stop eating so close to my bedtime, but my body wants that little snack before bed. Help!!!

Replies

• likli71
    likli71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know it isn't what you may be craving, but how about trying something with very few calories to munch on like carrot or celery sticks or bell pepper strips with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Fruit might be a good choice too. I know it is hard, I feel like munching as we speak.
  • marilynn66
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to limit my eating at night and I have found that a cup of hot tea helps me and also hot chocolate for just 25 calories (diet).
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like to sip on tea that helps. And if I really want to eat something I try to go to bed! haha But I did read somewhere recently that when you eat the calories do not matter - it's all calories in and out that matter.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't have a good answer since I'm also battling this problem. But I keep enough calories to allow for a snack before I go to bed. Its not a solution but it works for me right now and I'm still losing weight.
  • KDIXON78
    KDIXON78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your suggestions. :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with having a small snack in the night, just keep it healthy. No cake, and cookies and all that stuff.

Keep it healthy and low calorie

Goodluck
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat. It doesn't matter when. Just make intelligent choices.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    It's okay to snack if you allow for it in your daily calorie count. 100 calorie bag of popcorn, 100 calorie sugar free chocolate jello pudding, 25 calorie Nestle Sensible Sweets Hot Chocolate, hot or ice tea, and my newest satisfying snack before bed, 8 oz. of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. Curbs the hunger, sleep better, and don't wake up hungry.
  • andrewajm
    andrewajm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you get heartburn or cant sleep then ya stay away from the junk but in all honesty it really doesnt matter what you haver for a snack as long as your not binging..have whatever the heck ya want and just make sure you have the calories..im losing weight on this steadily and finding it easy so far..i eat all kinds of stuff some super healthy some not so healthy..if your craving something delicious before bed i recomment the weight watchers chocolate fudge cake...heat it up a little they sell them at safeway..there in the frozen food section there little cakes with fudge on them...microwavable ones...and get some whipped topping just make sure its the low cal one they taste the same anyway..it rocks...under 200 calories and its awsome...see ya and make this diet or exercise plan not stressful for yourself or you will never keep it up..everyone has different hours and everyone reacts differently to different foods good luck...go get a snack lol...go canucks go!!!!!:love:
  • momma85
    momma85 Posts: 17
    Options
    probably not the best advice ever, but i have a beer when i feel the urge to snack... usually just once a day, if that... hienekin light is only 99 cals and it keeps me feeling really full... good luck!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    If youre hungry and have calories left for the day...then just eat! When you eat really has nothing to do with weight gain/loss. True hunger is a sign that your body needs something to burn and if you don't give it something to burn, it will start to store whatever it can. You don't want that. If your just in the mood to snack there are so many healthy snacks out there!!! I like nuts/fruit/seed mixes before bed. If I'm hungry but not wanting to eat I find that a protein drink leaves me satisfied and ready for bed. I've also had better workouts in the morning when I've had a protein drink before bed. I use Jillian Michaels whey protein at only 100 calories. Not the best tasting but it works.