I feel like there's no progress but maybe it's all in my hea

Options
2»

Replies

• STEGosaurus145
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I've been having an off week due to weather eating things I knew I shouldn't and not even working out at all. I'm sure we all have off weeks, or days. The point is to not feel bad, you're only human and being such have weaknesses, accept this and don't feel so bad. You've had a few off days put them behind you and work harder next week. Dieting is about progressing towards a goal there will always be bumps and hills go around the bumps and up the hills. And don't get so down on yourself, that isn't helping you at all. You look great and are soo close to your goal! :D Don't give up and keep your chin up!

-Rachel

Thanks Rachel!
    Its just sooooo hard trying to eat healthy when the people I live with eat so horrid its not even funny. Temptation is everywhere!!!! =(

My dad and I are the only people in my house who eat well and exercise so I know how you feel, and my mom is like the devil's advocate because she loves to order take out which is my one true weakness. Like today I was over in calories because she ordered pizza. Which I love...so i had to have some. How I even lost one pound this week I'll never know. It's very hard not to eat junk food when my mom and siblings do. But I manage sometimes. Lately working it off has been hard because weather has a huge effect on my mood and it's been cloudy so I havent been working out. :/ Bad me...Sad I'd start two mile runs and have yet to. I think you'll be alright avoid the temptation keep up with what you're doing, drink lots and lots of water, and keep a positive attitude. One bad day or week will not undo weeks of hardwork :D
    ]

Yeah the weather has been horrible this week here! It was so sunny and beautiful last week which definitely motivated me to work out, But this week its COLD and it stormed the other day so I def was like EH I JUST WANNA SLEEP!
    Yeah, I live with my bf's family and his parents eat take out LIKE EVERYDAY. and if its not take out its outrageous amounts of pasta and bread and fried things. I tend not to eat her cooking cause I have NO idea how many cals are in it. Like when i
    cook myself I know how many cals are in it and what a proper serving is, and I replace some of the ingredients with low cal substitutes and she def doesnt! =(
    My mom doesn't cook for me I just eat premade meals heat them up and stuff. It's easier that way.
    And yea sounds like we lives close cos that's how the weather is here exactly. Snowed today and I was like...uhh another day not working out. Sounds like you're doing everything right. It's hard to diet sometimes especially when you're so close to being at your goal but don't give up and don't be hard on yourself. A few rough days aren't the end of the world or your diet. Lots of water will help cos it will get rid of the toxins you put in from the last few days I drink two liters a day. :D I hope you reach your goal soon ^_^
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I've been having an off week due to weather eating things I knew I shouldn't and not even working out at all. I'm sure we all have off weeks, or days. The point is to not feel bad, you're only human and being such have weaknesses, accept this and don't feel so bad. You've had a few off days put them behind you and work harder next week. Dieting is about progressing towards a goal there will always be bumps and hills go around the bumps and up the hills. And don't get so down on yourself, that isn't helping you at all. You look great and are soo close to your goal! :D Don't give up and keep your chin up!

-Rachel

Thanks Rachel!
    Its just sooooo hard trying to eat healthy when the people I live with eat so horrid its not even funny. Temptation is everywhere!!!! =(

My dad and I are the only people in my house who eat well and exercise so I know how you feel, and my mom is like the devil's advocate because she loves to order take out which is my one true weakness. Like today I was over in calories because she ordered pizza. Which I love...so i had to have some. How I even lost one pound this week I'll never know. It's very hard not to eat junk food when my mom and siblings do. But I manage sometimes. Lately working it off has been hard because weather has a huge effect on my mood and it's been cloudy so I havent been working out. :/ Bad me...Sad I'd start two mile runs and have yet to. I think you'll be alright avoid the temptation keep up with what you're doing, drink lots and lots of water, and keep a positive attitude. One bad day or week will not undo weeks of hardwork :D
    ]

Yeah the weather has been horrible this week here! It was so sunny and beautiful last week which definitely motivated me to work out, But this week its COLD and it stormed the other day so I def was like EH I JUST WANNA SLEEP!
    Yeah, I live with my bf's family and his parents eat take out LIKE EVERYDAY. and if its not take out its outrageous amounts of pasta and bread and fried things. I tend not to eat her cooking cause I have NO idea how many cals are in it. Like when i
    cook myself I know how many cals are in it and what a proper serving is, and I replace some of the ingredients with low cal substitutes and she def doesnt! =(
    My mom doesn't cook for me I just eat premade meals heat them up and stuff. It's easier that way.
    And yea sounds like we lives close cos that's how the weather is here exactly. Snowed today and I was like...uhh another day not working out. Sounds like you're doing everything right. It's hard to diet sometimes especially when you're so close to being at your goal but don't give up and don't be hard on yourself. A few rough days aren't the end of the world or your diet. Lots of water will help cos it will get rid of the toxins you put in from the last few days I drink two liters a day. :D I hope you reach your goal soon ^_^

I feel like Im so close to it yet so far away! I started at 118 then jumped up to like 124 thats when
    I was like oh no! this is unacceptable. So I pushed myself to the 112. Which was lost within a month (I dont know how I did it honestly). Now I am at 114 and i'm terrified that it'll just keep going back up! I doubt I'll make it 110 by April 10th. So i'm getting so discouraged!

Everytime I finish my food diary it says "if everyday were like this you'd be 108 in 5 weeks". I feel like it's lying to me lol!
  • STEGosaurus145
    Options

-Rachel

Thanks Rachel!

]

I feel like Im so close to it yet so far away! I started at 118 then jumped up to like 124 thats when
    I was like oh no! this is unacceptable. So I pushed myself to the 112. Which was lost within a month (I dont know how I did it honestly). Now I am at 114 and i'm terrified that it'll just keep going back up! I doubt I'll make it 110 by April 10th. So i'm getting so discouraged!

Everytime I finish my food diary it says "if everyday were like this you'd be 108 in 5 weeks". I feel like it's lying to me lol!
    Everyone says the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. But don't always worry about it once you stop dieting. When you get to your goal weight keep following some sort of food plan, eat in moderation, and work out. Constantly worrying about gaining a pound or two will drive you insane. And try not to lose too fast, because then you will gain it back faster.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating 1200 NET or more....NOT less. See if that helps.

So eating bad this past week isnt going to completely derail me right? Im done with the bad food!

Only if you let it.
    Brush it off as a bad week and get down to business! You have to decide what you want. Do you want to let this week drag you down or use it as motivation to get your butt in gear. Only you can decide! Good Luck.

Also since you don't have much to lose you are in sort of the same boat as me. I just recently upped my calories to 1560 because with all the reading I have been doing it makes more sense. If you want more info I can surely send you some info.

is that 1560 w/ or w/o exercise? Like are you talking Net cals. I find it so confusing! XD

Yes NET calories and that is after exercise because you need to refuel what you burn. MFP already works in a deficit so you don't have to worry about being under. If you go to the My Home tab you will see GOAL FOOD EXERCISE = NET Your net should be as close to your goal and if your goal is set to 1200 then you should not go below that. 1200 is the minimum for most and I say this because it is a loaded topic.