tea.. yes or no??

Options
So I've completely cut soda out.. I usually make a pitcher of decaf tea with splenda... so tea yes or no? I'm trying to receive the best results n cut anything out of my daily routine that doesn't need to be there! :)

Replies

• LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Tea is good. It has taste it hydrates (when its decaf) and it has antioxidants for your skin, and I read somewhere, weightloss.
  • precious71701
    Options
    Do whatever it takes..I love coffee, Im not giving it up...But what i did was cut back on my cream and use splenda as well instead of all the sugar...keep it up..you will see the results...
  • Kyokai
    Kyokai Posts: 11
    Options
    I believe tea is good for you. Personally I drink Organic Green Tea - a Sencha or Matcha kind as it has a natural sweetness to it and 0 calories. Tea also has health benefits too: http://www.revolutiontea.com/health-benefits.html. That is just one site but if you Google Health Benefits of tea - it will bring up a myriad of resources.
  • mamaofa3
    mamaofa3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes! Tea is very good for you! Go to http://www.teabenefits.com/ and find out all the great stuff about tea!! Enjoy!
    Oh and one more thing Splenda is horrible for you!!! Stop and use Stevia instead it is natural where Splenda is full of BAD chemicals!!!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Oh yes - love my tea - I stick to green tea! :drinker:
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Tea, yes! I drink lots of green tea and fruit teas. I also read that a cup of hot tea after each meal helps to ensure that any fat consumed is not solidified but flushed out more easily (this instead of a cold drink which solidifies fat). Makes sense to me.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee lover but I love tea as well! I mainly drink green tea (hot or iced) and usually unsweetened. I've heard it can be very beneficial to ones health. So go ahead and drink the tea! :)
  • firefighterswife58
    Options
    Ohh yea? Im def gonna try the hot tea out!! So glad tea is a positive! I'm gonna drink a glass or two a day but wanna stick to my water other times :)
  • BlindFaith
    Options
    Green tea is amazing!!

My favorite is jasmine green tea, the smell is lovely and it's just so relaxing to drink.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Tea is awesome for you. I always lose more weight when I drink herbal tea or green tea so drink up!
  • PaulaBy
    PaulaBy Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree with mamaof3. Stevia is 0 calories and all natural. I only use half a packet it is soooo sweet. Stay with the tea.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up my tea. I also drink one cup of coffee a day, in the afternoon. It keeps me alert for the rest of the day. I have switched to fat free cream and Truvia.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I too gave up soda and rely on my tea for a break from water. (which I always have within reach these days.) When I start getting bored, I will brew my pitcher of tea with a few fresh mint leaves. Adds a taste for variety without killing me with calories. I did buy a Mrs. Tea brewing machine and it was the best $20 I ever spent! If you see yourself drinking tea long term, totally worth the investment as I always have a brewed pitcher on hand at the house.
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love love love red rose tea with my no calorie sweetener :) red rose is zero cals. Love it. (Also love getting those little figurines that come in the box lol)
  • fitplan27
    Options
    Oh yes, green tea is the best! I drink nothing but green tea and water all day long, everyday.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Tea has many, many health benefits, reports say weight loss is one of them. I drink loose teas, mostly oolong, gree n and pu-erh as they are supposed to help with metabolism, fat absorption, lowering cholesterol etc. You can find them on Teavana.com which also has a whole section on weight loss teas. I have them hot and iced but with no sugar, just black. I agree with the splenda comments, it's all chemicals and you should try to change to something else. Honey is a natural sweetner and has lots of health benefits also especially if you buy local honey. Great job getting off the soda, I'm sure that wasn't easy!!