Polar FT4

Options
Ok, so i decided on a HRM, finally! I found it on amazon for 90$, it comes in 2 colors, bronze or silver. I like the silver one. It says it's one size but when i put it in my cart the silver one says men's watch the bronze says women's watch.
So now the question is, does it make a difference in size of the watch if i get the silver one? Or is the chest strap different?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    the chest strap will probably be slightly bigger because it's sized for a man instead of a woman who tend to have smaller chest sizees.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I was looking at that too. I think the bronze one is ugly. I'm curious if there's a difference.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am buying the silver today at Academy sports.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the "bronze" women's size. It's really more gold than bronze and quite pretty. I really didn't car what color it was anyway, since it's not like I'm wearing it all day. I would recommend going with the women's size regardless of color. If the silver is made for a man, it most likely won't fit a woman, especially as you lose weight. Plus, returns with Amazon can be a pain.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just bought the silver one and it fits just fine! I used it for the first time yesterday. I like it a lot. I found out that I have been over-estimating cardio cals and under estimating my strength training cals. Very interesting.
    Chest strap and watch fully adjustable. The only difference is the color. Enjoy!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is a difference but I have the "bronze" one and I love it....it's more orange than bronze, to me the watch is a little bigger in size but I love every bit of it, I love the choice I made.
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    I had a look at the product page of polar...

the bronze one (only the watch) weighs 29g
    and the silver one 33g.

That's why I assume that the wristband of the silver one might be a little bit longer.
    I don't think that there are less holes in it. If that doesn't bother you that the free part of the wristband might be longer and maybe stand up at the top of the watch, then go get it :smile:

The FT4 comes with the Polar WearLink Transmitter (chest band), which is available in two sizes:
    XS-S and M-XXL.
    I don't think that they regularly sendout the womens version with the smaller chest band...I mean, there are larger women, too :wink:

Best regards,

//edit:
    No offence, but six comments above with only one single person having actually experiences with the product.
    And 4 of them based on vague assumptions...why answering at all?

To the two of you having the bronze and silver one, could you take a closer look at the chestband. I think the size (XS-S or M-XXL) is printed on a label somewhere. That would be helpful :smile:
  • herbalgirl011
    Options
    The consensus on MFP has been the Polar FT4 is good. I'm leaning towards getting one too.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yes agreed...it is quite the eyeopener
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were two different colours, but I've got this HRM myself in the silver colour (from the UK) and the chest strap fits fine, although I have to work it a little bit to get it just right sometimes as it's easier to loosen than tighten. I'm just under 29" around where the chest strap fits, and it looks like it can go a little tighter than that too. It should just be a style thing with the watch itself. Are you able to take it back if it isn't right for you?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    When I purchased my FT4 the package had chest strap of L/XL on it. I have the women's watch. So I assumed it came in small & medium as well. Did it not ask for a size or mention one? The strap can be tighten though. Maybe the face of the watch is slightly bigger. Do you have a D*cks Sporting Goods? They cost $89.99 there as well and you will get to see it before you make the purchase.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    When I purchased my FT4 the package had chest strap of L/XL on it. I have the women's watch. So I assumed it came in small & medium as well. Did it not ask for a size or mention one? The strap can be tighten though. Maybe the face of the watch is slightly bigger. Do you have a D*cks Sporting Goods? They cost $89.99 there as well and you will get to see it before you make the purchase.

Thanks, i might have to go to the store and check it out. On amazon it doesn't offer a size option, just either men's or women's. Plus returns really are a pain so i'd rather go to the store and ask them.

Thanks everyone!!
  • bethsherbahn
    Options
    I have the same one it is awesome !!!! I got mine at a Best Buy for the same price and they have a pink one maybe try there before you order it !!!!!! Its well worth the money
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have the "ugly" bronze one too and love it!

Bought mine on ebay brand new in box for $49.99 with free shipping.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, might want to check the stores around you, got mine at Big 5 for $69.00.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I have the woman's "bronze" FT4. It doesn't look bronze in person, more like a goldish tone. I only wear it at the gym and at home while working out. I'd go with the correct one for women.