Increase in sexual desires due to weight loss?

Options
Male 36 years old and have been losing weight now for almost a month. I have noticed that I am horny all the time now. Is this normal?
Lately the days that I have not exercised the next morning it's worse.

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    LO LOL LOL

Yes it's normal. Exercise releases testosterone, which makes you horney and strong.

Welcome to fitness.
  • maryross1
    Options
    I'm going to work out more!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    As long as your partner doesn't mind--just go for it and consider yourself lucky. :devil:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Yup, libido increase.
    Exercise is the fountain of youth.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    soooooooooooooooooooo true. I wish it were not, but alas I have experienced the same nonsense. Nonsense because I don’t have a significant other…. totally sucks:-)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yep, and it works for women too. When my husband started complaining about me working out all the time, I reminded him of that benefit and he doesn't mind anymore. Now, he's started a workout plan. :laugh:
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    Yep seems to be a happy side effect lol....
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Great first post!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    LOL LOL Yes, it's true. Even for us ladies. And like the previous poster said, it sucks when you don't have a boyfriend!! :laugh:
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I def need tot ell my hubby this and maybee He will motivate me to work out more HAHAHA :love:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I have noticed a huge increase. Im not sure how much you have to lose but once I hit like 65-75 lbs lost... It increased even more.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    LO LOL LOL

Yes it's normal. Exercise releases testosterone, which makes you horney and strong.

Welcome to fitness.

Amen!
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    totally sucks:-)

Or not in this case ;)
  • kristarablue
    Options
    totally sucks:-)

Or not in this case ;)

LOL...you kill me!! Maybe I should say...I wish it sucked!!
  • eddiezer
    eddiezer Posts: 8
    Options
    Absolutely! I have noticed a huge increase. Im not sure how much you have to lose but once I hit like 65-75 lbs lost... It increased even more.

Increased even MORE with more weight loss? Good lord, we are doomed.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I know I'm horny all the time! Can't get enough. The fish stop moving when I walk in the door. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • eddiezer
    eddiezer Posts: 8
    Options
    I know I'm horny all the time! Can't get enough. The fish stop moving when I walk in the door. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Poor fish.
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is true for women too. When I was heavier my desire was low. Now when I workout I have a go get em attitude, especially post workout. Plus your flexibility improves and your muscles are stronger...for better moves. teehee.

Great Post!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It absolutely does and I love it! Sex is more enjoyable because you feel better about yourself, feel sexier, your confidence level has increased, and so has your stamina--ALL because of exercise.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I agree that this is true for women too. When I was heavier my desire was low. Now when I workout I have a go get em attitude, especially post workout. Plus your flexibility improves and your muscles are stronger...for better moves. teehee.

Great Post!

I don't think mine desire for sex was low before....I was always horny before too. Now the level has increased 10 fold! I'm constantly masturbating.