Vegetarian Chicken

Options
chicalatte
chicalatte Posts: 174
I bought this stuff but I usually don't cook so I have NO idea what to make with it lol!
Can someone give me some good recipes that I could use this Vegetarian Chicken in that aren't too hard for a beginner cook like me?

Thanks <3

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Did you buy real chicken that is vegetarian fed or chicken substitute for Vegetarians?
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    Did you buy real chicken that is vegetarian fed or chicken substitute for Vegetarians?

Substitute
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Is it the Morning Star Meal-Starters Chick'n Strips that look like the grilled white meat? Or the Breaded round burger pattie?
  • FreyaDH
    FreyaDH Posts: 31
    Options
    It depends what form they come in. I'm from the UK so will have different brands from you but I buy mine either as fillets or pieces. The pieces I defrost in the microwave and then pop in a stir fry (they take no time to cook and it doesn't matter if you cook them properly or not, because there is no dangers like there is with meat). The fillets i usually put in a casserole with lots of chunky veg and serve with some rice. Hope you find a tasty recipie and enjoy!
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    If it's the strips I would say to use it in a fajita burrito with sauteed onion and peppers, maybe some yellow squash and taco seasoning. Black beans and corn are good in that too. Or heat it and put over a caesar salad!

I've been a vegetarian my whole life, but I have never actually tried that stuff. I figure it would taste too much like the real thing and I don't care for even the smell of real chicken! LOL

You could also cook it up and make a toasted sandwich with it? Carmelized onions, melted cheese, avocado and some deli mustard? :)