That's a great idea!!!! Great job!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Smart man. Lucky woman.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your comments. I am glad it helped some and glad you enjoyed the idea. Let me know if any of you ever try the backpack thing. It is shocking, to say the least.

I do have a great husband. I should be more appreciative. Just the fact that he is eating most of the same things I am fixing for myself is worth something too. ISo when we went out last night I chose Texas Roadhouse because he loves steak and ribs and I managed to make it work for me too.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is a great motivator I remember putting a suitcase on the scales at the airport and I struggled and then saw it was about the weight I lost. It certainly brings it home how far you have come.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Yay, And bless your husband. I want to try this now , but need to have a think what to use.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It is a wonderful, practical, and tangible tool for patting yourself on the back.

For those that will soon lose 40 pounds (or already have), I recommend taking a lap around an aisle at the grocery store with a
    40 pound bag of dog food on your shoulder. I did it 15 years ago, and I'm a week or so away from doing it again.
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Your husband sounds like a great guy and a great weight loss coach.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing! I never really thought of it that way before. I should give that a try if I ever feel like im off track!
  • maryritt529
    Options
    Sounds like you have a VERY supportive husband! Keep up the hard work!
  • JMRGrant
    JMRGrant Posts: 67
    Options
    GREAT IDEA! Tell hubby thanks!
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6 lbs since I've been on MFP, but I've lost 16 since my husband deployed, so I decided to go with that number tonight. I can't believe how heavy it felt. Your husband is a smart man!
  • chantalbennett
    chantalbennett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful man! Congratulations on your weight loss and thanks for sharing :)
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    What a wonderful idea. :D Thank you for sharing! And congrats on your loss as well! :)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I really really need to buy a backback and make some 1lb and 5lb sand bags... makes me a little nervous but to be honest the first time I got down under 200lbs I did it WAY wrong and I never EVER felt that I had lost any weight. When I looked in the mirror I fels just a huge and disgusting as I did before I started.

This would certainly help me get a grip on what it means to actually lose the weight.
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    What a great idea! Wonderfully supportive husband too! CONGRATS on both your weightloss and your catch of a man! LOL. :)
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is that I just did that. Went shopping yesterday and had to pick up cat litter. The bag was 42lbs and I was like WHOA!!! I used to carry that weight around everyday and now losing almost that is just amazing. Thanks for sharing and happy losing!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. You don't realize how much you've lost until you see it in front of you (or wear it). You've got a great man.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to try putting all my weight back on like that... I just haven't decided how I can get 123 pounds in a backpack, lol.
  • scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!