Options

Replies

• HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Not at all! A calorie is a calorie, granted you should give your body the nutrients it needs the majority of the time, but it's perfectly fine to fit the not so fantastic stuff into your diet in moderation. In fact, that's what keeps it from being a "diet" and makes it a healthy lifestyle change. Check your settings too, make sure they are all set up correctly for what you want goal wise. You should be eating at least 1200 calories a day.

wait... what? Of course it matters! Whole food is so jam packed with nutrients compared to processed food that has been stripped of everything good! I'm not saying never have pizza again - but make the healthier choice 90%. It does matter - every unhealthy choice puts us a little bit further away from our goal.

Just for the record, I describe the "healthy choice" for me as things with one ingredient. Chicken, steak, eggs, spinach, w/e. If it comes out of a box - it's most likely not a great choice.

Also - sugar is the devil.

Isn't that basically what I said when I wrote "you should give your body the nutrients it needs the majority of the time" ? Way to call me out only to say the same exact thing. This site is for motivation, not to tear peoples advice down because you have a six-pack. What the hell dude? That really hurt my feelings. And yes, a gram is a gram, an ounce is an ounce, and a calorie is a calorie.

I just disagreed with your opinion....

This site is for more than just motivation - it's for information, for tracking calories, for education, for opinion, for fun - there's all kinds of things this site is for... I didn't "call you out", just slightly disagreed.

I'm just stating my opinion here - please don't be offended or get hurt feelings. I disagree that a calorie is a calorie, or a gram is a gram. If that were the case - I would be more than happy to live on spoonfuls of sugar (not even kidding - I've binged on exactly that before) The first thing I do for all my clients is put them on a real-food diet. I love eating low carb - but I don't ever start a client there. I start them by having them eat only things with one ingredient. Of course there are healthy things that come in boxes - but it's so easy to have a rule to follow at first while we're getting used to healthy - whole food eating.

Sorry for hurting your feelings again - I didn't intend to take a shot at you.

You've "disagreed" with 3 people on this post alone in such a rude way that it's pretty disgraceful. You need to learn to be more polite. I doubt that your even any sort of anything that would involve clients, and if you are you must have a high turn over because I certainly wouldn't pay money to have someone talk to me like that. Gross!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there's only one person attacking in this thread. I've apologized and gone to lengths to explain more clearly what I meant only to be attacked over and over. Again, sometimes in type - things might come off a different way than intended. I'll attach more smiley faces to my post to show that they are friendly.

Would that be better?

I see you've lost 70 pounds and that is remarkable - really great job! If you have secrets to share, I'm sure people would be happy to hear it.
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    I know MFP puts 1200 for some people, but a lot of nutritionists recommend at least 1500 a day. Plus, when you exercise you eat back the calories you burned. And every once in a while pizza doesn't matter...but everyday it does. Because along with calories you want to watch your protein and carbs and fat to make sure your hitting those targets too.

What is up with the 1200 calorie minimum rule for every single person in the world that is all over this site. Kind of crazy to put every one of every weight/race/sex/size/fitness-level/hair-color at the same minimum right? Craziness.

Mmhmm. Idk where 1200 ever came from but that is just NOT enough...especially for people who work out a lot! I don't get it...

agreed :)
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Honestly, there's only one person attacking in this thread. I've apologized and gone to lengths to explain more clearly what I meant only to be attacked over and over. Again, sometimes in type - things might come off a different way than intended. I'll attach more smiley faces to my post to show that they are friendly.

Would that be better?

I see you've lost 70 pounds and that is remarkable - really great job! If you have secrets to share, I'm sure people would be happy to hear it.

Nice try!
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    also, sadly www.listentomyarrogantBS.com is taken.

:(
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    i think having what you want with in your cals keeps you from cheating but if your older like me its a real good idea to watch your fat intake to

Based on what? Fat is good for you - honestly.

Dude, why are you so mean?? She is an older woman, what could YOU possibly know about THAT? Do you even realize what this website is for?? I think you need to get off this one and go start you own website called www.listentomyarrogantBS.com. It's great that you've lost weight and all, but you maybe you should work on your inside matching your outside. You obviously have confidence issues if your so hellbent on making it look like everyone is stupid but you. NEWSFLASH, it's making you look like a jerk.

I don't think he is being mean. He is being bluntly honest, which is what we should all want to hear on this site. Not some sugar-coated BS making it seem it is ok to have the crappy food such as pizza and saying it is the same as having a piece of steak or a chicken breast just because it equals the same calories.

******News Flash****** A Calorie is NOT a Calorie. I highly suggest reading the book Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. He breaks it down where it proves scientifically that a calories isn't a calorie.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Not at all! A calorie is a calorie, granted you should give your body the nutrients it needs the majority of the time, but it's perfectly fine to fit the not so fantastic stuff into your diet in moderation. In fact, that's what keeps it from being a "diet" and makes it a healthy lifestyle change. Check your settings too, make sure they are all set up correctly for what you want goal wise. You should be eating at least 1200 calories a day.

wait... what? Of course it matters! Whole food is so jam packed with nutrients compared to processed food that has been stripped of everything good! I'm not saying never have pizza again - but make the healthier choice 90%. It does matter - every unhealthy choice puts us a little bit further away from our goal.

Just for the record, I describe the "healthy choice" for me as things with one ingredient. Chicken, steak, eggs, spinach, w/e. If it comes out of a box - it's most likely not a great choice.

Isn't that basically what I said when I wrote "you should give your body the nutrients it needs the majority of the time" ? Way to call me out only to say the same exact thing. This site is for motivation, not to tear peoples advice down because you have a six-pack. What the hell dude? That really hurt my feelings. And yes, a gram is a gram, an ounce is an ounce, and a calorie is a calorie.

This site is for more than just motivation - it's for information, for tracking calories, for education, for opinion, for fun - there's all kinds of things this site is for... I didn't "call you out", just slightly disagreed.

I'm just stating my opinion here - please don't be offended or get hurt feelings. I disagree that a calorie is a calorie, or a gram is a gram. If that were the case - I would be more than happy to live on spoonfuls of sugar (not even kidding - I've binged on exactly that before) The first thing I do for all my clients is put them on a real-food diet. I love eating low carb - but I don't ever start a client there. I start them by having them eat only things with one ingredient. Of course there are healthy things that come in boxes - but it's so easy to have a rule to follow at first while we're getting used to healthy - whole food eating.

You've "disagreed" with 3 people on this post alone in such a rude way that it's pretty disgraceful. You need to learn to be more polite. I doubt that your even any sort of anything that would involve clients, and if you are you must have a high turn over because I certainly wouldn't pay money to have someone talk to me like that. Gross!

Hon - Perhaps you are being a little over sensitive...............With the message boards it is easy to take someone words and hear them in your mind differently than the person intended to come across.

From reading the comments, it seems you are the only one getting your feelings hurt.

When people post topics on these boards, they should be expecting to hear the Good, the bad and the ugly. If a person can't handle any and all comments that are posted.
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Ummm I can honestly say Steve is very into the healthy eating and working out. We go to a group workout together on Sundays . I know he spends alot of time researching different techniques for diets and workouts. He also has several clients who do pay him money, and guess what they listen to him too. You know why? Cause he sort of knows what he's talking about. Just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them arrogant. He was very matter of fact in his thoughts. A pizza calorie is way different than a chicken calorie. If you can't see that then your not being honest with anyone. Miss Helen, if you were offended maybe you should RELAX! The person starting the thread wasn' t. She actually thanked everyone for their opinion.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Ummm I can honestly say Steve is very into the healthy eating and working out. We go to a group workout together on Sundays . I know he spends alot of time researching different techniques for diets and workouts. He also has several clients who do pay him money, and guess what they listen to him too. You know why? Cause he sort of knows what he's talking about. Just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them arrogant. He was very matter of fact in his thoughts. A pizza calorie is way different than a chicken calorie. If you can't see that then your not being honest with anyone. Miss Helen, if you were offended maybe you should RELAX! The person starting the thread wasn' t. She actually thanked everyone for their opinion.

And the church says AMEN!!!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    i think having what you want with in your cals keeps you from cheating but if your older like me its a real good idea to watch your fat intake to

Based on what? Fat is good for you - honestly.

Dude, why are you so mean?? She is an older woman, what could YOU possibly know about THAT? Do you even realize what this website is for?? I think you need to get off this one and go start you own website called www.listentomyarrogantBS.com. It's great that you've lost weight and all, but you maybe you should work on your inside matching your outside. You obviously have confidence issues if your so hellbent on making it look like everyone is stupid but you. NEWSFLASH, it's making you look like a jerk.

Wow, i think you are taking this out of context!!! Steve is an Awesome motivator and a nice guy!!! Not a jerk at all!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options

LOL!!! I think TOM must be visiting her right now; no other explanation to why she is being so RUDE herself!!! At least i hope thats why, otherwise there is no excuse!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options

And the church says AMEN!!!

Amen!!!
  • Grokette
    Options

LOL!!! I think TOM must be visiting her right now; no other explanation to why she is being so RUDE herself!!! At least i hope thats why, otherwise there is no excuse!!!

That is what I was thinking also.............
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Would that be better?

Nice try!

Yeah Steve. Your mature, adult, polite, well thought out responses are not fooling anyone here. Glad someone finally called you out on it :P
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Hon - Perhaps you are being a little over sensitive...............With the message boards it is easy to take someone words and hear them in your mind differently than the person intended to come across.

From reading the comments, it seems you are the only one getting your feelings hurt.

When people post topics on these boards, they should be expecting to hear the Good, the bad and the ugly. If a person can't handle any and all comments that are posted.

*like*

There was no post on here by him that was mean at all. He's informative. Some people don't take that well, I guess.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im not sure why poor Steve got so attacked, I didnt see him being mean.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Steve and I talked in private and it was a misunderstanding that I think was misread by both of us. I'm sorry if I offended anyone else and wrecked this thread.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How mature of you!
  • GinaSz3
    GinaSz3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Steve and I talked in private and it was a misunderstanding that I think was misread by both of us. I'm sorry if I offended anyone else and wrecked this thread.

LOVE IT!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options

*LIKE*