looking for an HRM! suggestions?

Options
the title pretty much says it all. id like to get a heart rate monitor. what do you guys recommend? ideally, id like something thats $75 or less. id like to accurately track my calories burned.

thanks in advance!

Replies

• skee80
    skee80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Polar makes some good products... you should find something around 75$ . Good luck :)
    http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, get one with a chest strap. Its the most accurate you can get. If you are willing to spend $75, for a little more POLAR makes a ladies HRM for around $90.
  • cruzanna
    cruzanna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recently got a polar ft4 for $70 on amazon.com. I love it!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You really can't go wrong with a Polar. I have the FT4, and really love it, and seeing what I'm doing while exercising. I got mine for $70 on Amazon, but it is usually around $75-80. Well worth the money. Definitely go for something with a chest strap for best accuracy.
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    I bought the Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch. Approx $35-$40 from Amazon. I love it. It has the chest strap and watch, it gives the regular time. Then when working out, you get the time you worked out, the HR low and high, and the calories burned. The chest strap is very comfortable, I forget that I have it on.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on the chest strap. I've used several HRM over the years 2 polars and a MIO and hands down Polar is better, especially with the chest strap. The MIO I bought was $40 and is now sitting in a draw collecting dust.

I bought my last one for $180 @ Best Buy on line (it was 50% off) it's the Polar FT60 with the GPS, which is really cool cause it tracks distance and mph, but it's intended to be used outside. That works for me because I walk the dogs a alot.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Ah, the HRM post du jour. First, I'd say that there's a search function here. It's been asked nearly daily.

Secondly, skip it. It's a not-very-fun waste of money.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Polar F4 I was recommended by a friend here and I just ordered it on Amazon, it it supposed to be pretty good & comes with a chest strap! I also ordered it on Amazon $70!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My BodyBugg does so much more than a HRM. The data it spits out has been so accurate that it boosted my weight loss and muscle gain more than I thought possible. Their customer service has been incredible as well. BTW, I'm not a member of 24 hr fitness but I bought it there last Labor Day Weekend. I was shopping for new, smaller :) clothes and saw a sale posted outside and thought I'd check it out. I already utilize an excellent coach outside their system so I didn't need the free personal coaching that came with it. Used, you can grab them for a reasonable price. I'm about to buy the new one that's compatible with my phone (Droid Incredible) and am selling mine along with its digital display (the one that I needed before I had my Droid) to a friend who loves the progress she's seen me make with it.

If you have any questions, friend me. Love to talk fitness tech.