McDonald's Happy Meal was my first sentence...

Options
...I'm serious!! My love for my ten-count nuggets and absolute hate for gyms have lead me to become more than 120 lbs overweight at the age of 23. I've tried many diets, but I was never consistent. This is my first time ever actually writing down what I eat on a daily basis, and its not as time consuming (or absolutely dreadful) as I always imagined it to be!!!

I'm starting off my walking my friend's hyperactive dog everyday for 30-60 minutes, doing pilates about three times a week (which is already kicking my butt) and staying below 1500 calories. Will that be enough to start losing weight?!?

Replies

• mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan to me!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan! Good for you!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Will you friend me! Just on the basis of your first post I can tell you are going to rock this!
    Do you best and forget the rest! :)
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome plan. You can tweak it if need be after a few weeks of logging and getting a feel for things. Gotta love your go get'em spirit! Best of luck to you!
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    Good for you! Pilates is so great for the core - you'll see results in your core strengths in no time!
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    First- congrats for making the decision to do something different :smile: All of us on here know it isn't always easy. Just getting up and moving is a great start. The question is how does it make you feel? Are you ready to move on? What is available to you- like weights, a gym, videos, bands etc...If you would like to add me to your friends list, maybe I can be an encouragement and visa versa. Again- great start!!
  • jamison0220
    jamison0220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! It sounds like a great plan! I love Pilates! It is definately tough at first but I can feel myself getting stronger each time and I just know it is working! I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to friend me if you'd like...I'd love to know which Pilates moves and videos you do! Maybe we could swap tips! :O)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    ...I'm serious!! My love for my ten-count nuggets and absolute hate for gyms have lead me to become more than 120 lbs overweight at the age of 23. I've tried many diets, but I was never consistent. This is my first time ever actually writing down what I eat on a daily basis, and its not as time consuming (or absolutely dreadful) as I always imagined it to be!!!

I'm starting off my walking my friend's hyperactive dog everyday for 30-60 minutes, doing pilates about three times a week (which is already kicking my butt) and staying below 1500 calories. Will that be enough to start losing weight?!?

YES!!! and I LOVE you aren't going straight for 1200 calories a day!!! GREAT mindset!!!!
  • mayree1979
    mayree1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    any movement is great. I started going to the GYM two to three times a week. Did that for 1month and nothing happened until I put the 1200 Calories with the visit to the gym and lost 8 lbs in the 1st two weeks. Good luck
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Any start is a good start! Doing something and starting to make changes will always be better than not doing anything! Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :smile:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I <3 mcdonalds!! thats why I got overweight too :(
    but now I can enjoy my 6pc 99 cents nuggets every monday with a sf iced coffee!!
    get your metabolism working:bigsmile: and you can enjoy the nuggets again!!
  • bubblznfun
    bubblznfun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Honey who are you tellin!? I used to be fascinated with McNuggets dipped in honey. Welcome to MFP. I've only been here a day and already love it!!