I finally bought one! Any advice??

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
I bought a food scale finally! yea! any advice?

Replies

• amunet07
    Options
    I bought a food scale finally! yea! any advice?
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I need to get one. Where did you get one and may I ask how much?
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Be sure and use it lol :laugh:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. You can find them at places like walmart for $20.00.

My advise is simple don't go overboard weighing everything. Go by the suggested serving listed on lables. For meats try to keep your consumption to no more than 4 oz (cooked) per serving . It sounds hard but it really isn't.

If you are working on portion control this will help out alot, espcially with fruit's and vegetables.

Good luck
  • amunet07
    Options
    I need to get one. Where did you get one and may I ask how much?

I bought it at Target for $29.99. That seems to be the cheapest common price for a digital
  • amunet07
    Options

My advise is simple don't go overboard weighing everything. Go by the suggested serving listed on lables. For meats try to keep your consumption to no more than 4 oz (cooked) per serving . It sounds hard but it really isn't.

If you are working on portion control this will help out alot, espcially with fruit's and vegetables.

Good luck

Thank you. I didn't know about the meat having to be cooked = 4 oz I thought It meant raw. See! I'm glad I asked!:drinker:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your welcome.

Let me know how it goes with the scale.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

Good luck

Yup, Wal-Mart is where I bought mine, for $20. I :heart: it! It sits on my counter top at all times as a constant reminder to use it often.