I did something bad last night :(

Options
Last night I had 500 calories left for dinner... my family got Thai take away... I thought I would get a vegetarian/tofu rice noodle dish and just eat half of the large serving and I would be okay. Well... I didn't stop at the half serving, I ate the whole container! I'm not sure how much it was but it was a really large container... once I had finished I was so full I felt like I couldn't eat anything else. An hour or so later I was eating an Oreo Mcflurry from McDonalds... What the hell??? :( I haven't eaten McDonalds since last year and It's like just because i was so disgusted at myself for going over my calories intake that i go and eat McDonalds too.... And I don't even really like Mcdonalds icecream anyway? Oh and then at midnight, i heated up leftover ravioli pasta and covered it with cheese. At least another 6-700 calories. AT MIDNIGHT I ATE CARBS!!!??? I am sobbing this this morning and hating myself for what I did, My stomach feels huge and I feel so heavy and unhealthy again. Yesterday during the day for the first time in a long time, I actually felt amazing. I felt slim in my jeans and my self esteem was rising. So why would I sabotage myself? I usually weight myself every morning but this morning I am way too scared to see how much weight I have gained. I thought I would fast today and only drink water since I ate enough calories for 2 or more days yesterday... and just start eating healthy again tomorrow? Do you think that would even things out? I'm so afraid I am falling back into my old habits. The last few months I could look at junk food and laugh at it... it wouldn't even tempt me... but lately it's like I'm having to fight my old demons again.

Replies

• anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    First off, what's done is done. I don't think fasting today is going to even things out and I suspect (although I'm by no means a pro) screwing around with your metabolism that way may end up hurting more than you're helping.

So I've done what you've done and I imagine others have too. You probably thought, "I've screwed up today anyway. Might as well go for the gusto!"

Really what I would do is just drink lots of water today and eat according to your calorie allotment. No use beating yourself up about it. You're human and, as awesome as you are, you're not perfect! :)
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Chill out! It's one day, not the rest of your life. We've all slipped. The biggest thing here is to FORGIVE YOURSELF for eating crap/late at night/too much/et cetera and MOVE ON. Do better tomorrow. I had a day last week where I nearly hit 3,000 calories (my daily goal was 1,330 at the time) -- and half of the overage was booze. I felt like absolute @!#* the next day, but somehow I managed to work out and get over myself... and now I'm back on track. You will be too. Don't beat yourself up, just get back into the swing. You've gotten this far, so you're obviously capable of it -- just rock the next few days until you feel better and forget it ever happened. You can do it. :)
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know it doesnt help much but Mcdonalds uses lowfat icecream? The great thing about waking up in the morning is that you have a fresh slate to start all over!
  • ptolemy_
    ptolemy_ Posts: 1
    Options
    This is exactly what I did last night. At first it was a couple of cookies, then a flavoured milk, and then two slices of cheesecake followed up by an entire meal from Hungry Jack's (Australian Burger King). Abosolutely insane, and it will take a couple of days for me to recover.

So today I am just going to clean up. The only thing we can do in situations where we become human garbage bins is to stop, recollect ourselves, and let it become a thing of the past. The important thing is to get back on the bicycle.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Go easy on yourself...we all do that once in a while.....

I don't know about fasting, that usually makes me feel more punished! I'd eat lean protein and veggies and just know you got right back on track. That you can feel proud of.

Do some uplifting type of exercise maybe too.

Anyway it is in the past!

best!

:heart:
  • AprilTaurus
    Options
    This girl on youtube, her channel is called antishay, she has a motivational video about weight loss. She says don't worry about the past, the past being yesterday. Go to youtube and check out her video, its called "How to Lose Weight" and her channel is antishay.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that. And I do the same self-hate, i do one little thing bad and then sabotage myself. Just pretend that yesterday never happened and continue your healthy eating. Don't fast because you will wreck your metabolism...if you really want to you could cut your next week down like 100 calories a day to balance it out. If you figure out a way to stop the crazy rationale that once you mess up you really need to screw up to punish yourself please let me know because I am the same way!!
  • babyturtlechic
    Options
    dont beat yourself up!!! i go to group meetings for fitness and i went from 5000 plus calories down to under 2000 and im proud i decided i wanted to have homemade chocolate chip cookies i ate 5!!! and that was over 600 calories but what group has taught me is NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!! we mess up we are HUMAN! so you had a bad day pick yourself up dust your self off and get back on the horse and dont worry about it! the more you beat yourself up about it the more down youll get making it easier to give up so chin up and remind yourself of how far youve come! not how much you have failed!!! your doing great im sure!!!
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Please don't be upset with yourself just get back on the wagon and forget about the big cheat==no big deal. Now I know how you feel it is a big deal but everyone slips up now and again and sometimes the damage is minimal. Just go back to your weight loss plan set your sights on where you want to be and you will get there and please do not fast that is just punishing yourself for a slip up. You will be ok!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself for one day of indulgence. I read this post this morning, and it started to get me to think about those days when I'm not so "good." Perhaps it's not only OK but good to have a "bad" day once in a while.

Check it out:

TOPIC: Cheat/Free days, exercise calories & losing lbs
  • KClarke861
    KClarke861 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! It is so nice to hear how honest everyone is on this site. Thanks for posting this message because it reminds me how NORMAL I am. I had 5 slices of pizza in one day and felt so guilty that I did an extra exercise routine.

KC
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It's not bad, you ate to many calories the best thing ever is that it is reversable! GO SWEAT AND BURN!
  • Kessiexo
    Kessiexo Posts: 11
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up about it! You had a quick cave-in and that is okay! You did NOT negate all your hard work! Just let it motivate you to stay on the "laughing at juink food" path :) I have done a cave in like this before and it just helps keep me in check.. i will never be invinsible and be able to deny eating a litte more than i should forever! Today is a new day and I wouldnt recommend fasting because you will just be really hungry when you end the fast and you run the risk of this happening again. When this happens to me I usually eat a grapefruit... I have always been told that its acidicy helps after a "binge". Also when this scenario happens to me and I look back on it i realize that after I ate more than I had planned i get the "well its to late now, I ate too much I might as well eat more crap". Idk if this happened to you but if it is... dont let that thought sabotage all your hard work~
  • flyboy1
    flyboy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, just record it as accurately as you can for the calories and learn from it. Often when one hiccups on the eating plan you get the "I've done it now, may as well do it up right" mentality. Just get back on the plan, don't beat yourself up, learn from it, and bloody well carry on. Hang in there.
  • Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have one day a week (usually a weekend day) that I don't count calories. I TRY not to go crazy, but I have and sometimes I actually lose weight the next morning. I see this when I've had a long period of not losing weight...I don't get it, I guess my body needed to know I wasn't starving it or something. LOL

Also, I read in Dr. Phil's book "You on a Diet" that EVERYONE will have days that they indulge too much and you have to remember to do a U-Turn, don't let one day totally get you off track! So everytime I screw up, even if it's early in the day, I think of the U-turn thing and try to finish out the day on a high note!
  • elizabethx
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this has really helped me to feel more okay. Apologies if I sounded over-dramatic. I know it's not uncommon to have a weak moments. I will definitely check out those recommend videos and posts, anything to help. I didn't fast today, as some of you said, it probably won't help - if i fast, it would probably cause hunger by the evening... And then it might cause another 'binge'. Just healthy eating again I think is best. I will exercise as much as I can too.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and start over tomorrow!

It's not the end of the world!