190 Calorie Smoothie

Options
Hey yall here is a smoothie I made up to drink during my cleanse that is really healthy and low cal. Oh yeah it tastes good too! :wink:

- 1 cup ice--> for consistency
- 1/2 cup skim milk-->for calcium
- 4 large strawberries (sliced)--> for antioxidants
- 1/2 banana--> for potassium & good carb source
- 1/2 scoop of body fortress strawberry protein power--> for protein
- 1/2 lemon (squeeze juice into it)--> to speed metabolism
- 1 little packet of Splenda--> for extra taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon--> for extra taste

Its a good snack or after workout fix to replenish glycogen stores. You can use your own protein powder but make sure that you incorporate the change in calories. I have been drinking it for a few days now and I cant get enough its really good. Oh, you can get the powder from walmart for like 15 bucks. Its a good deal. It may not be enough protein for men but perfect for women.

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump and Thanks
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! I have all that at home, except the protein powder. I get mine at the gym before I leave, but I'm finding that I could make some good stuff with it if I had some at home.
  • KristaPFT
    KristaPFT Posts: 63
    Options
    Yeah you can just use the protein powder you have it is fine. Mine is strawberry flavored though so that might make a difference.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Thanks! I need to get some strawberry protein, I only have chocolate.
  • KristaPFT
    Options
    Yeah I have tried them all and i found that the strawberry really works well with fruit smoothies and the others work well if your putting like pb or oats in it. ;)
  • kevinthenerd
    kevinthenerd Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh, you can get the powder from walmart for like 15 bucks. Its a good deal. It may not be enough protein for men but perfect for women.

I actually settled on that brand myself after comparing everything available at Wal-Mart. I was looking for the highest ratio of protein to fat or protein to carbohydrates. The vanilla flavor looked a TAD better (with 0.5 g less fat), so I went with that because I'm the least picky eater I know.

Eggs are a good source of protein with a BV (biological value) almost as high as whey protein. Fifteen bucks is cheap for whey protein, but it isn't NEARLY as cheap as boiling your own eggs... even if you get organic ones to avoid hormones that can mess with your thyroid.

I prefer whey protein over eggs for smoothies though. ;-)
  • savannah47
    savannah47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, I'm going to try it today.
  • KristaPFT
    Options
    Let me know how you like it! :)
  • KristaPFT
    Options
    Yeah I have tried them all and i found that the strawberry really works well with fruit smoothies and the others work well if your putting like pb or oats in it. ;)

Totally didnt mean to quote myself LOL
  • KristaPFT
    Options
    Oh, you can get the powder from walmart for like 15 bucks. Its a good deal. It may not be enough protein for men but perfect for women.

I actually settled on that brand myself after comparing everything available at Wal-Mart. I was looking for the highest ratio of protein to fat or protein to carbohydrates. The vanilla flavor looked a TAD better (with 0.5 g less fat), so I went with that because I'm the least picky eater I know.

Eggs are a good source of protein with a BV (biological value) almost as high as whey protein. Fifteen bucks is cheap for whey protein, but it isn't NEARLY as cheap as boiling your own eggs... even if you get organic ones to avoid hormones that can mess with your thyroid.

I prefer whey protein over eggs for smoothies though. ;-)

Yeah something about eggs in a smoothie grosses me out. Otherwise I love them! :)
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    bump

yum thanks!
  • LizWolter
    LizWolter Posts: 10
    Options
    How many grams of protein are in your smoothie?

5563538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is great. I was looking for a great recipe. thanks!!
  • KristaPFT
    Options
    How many grams of protein are in your smoothie?

5563538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

There are 16 grams of protein :)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    gonna have to get the protein and try this... might keep me fuller longer... I make a fruit smoothie in the morning but find myself hungry not long after... thanks for the receipe!!!
  • KristaPFT
    Options
    gonna have to get the protein and try this... might keep me fuller longer... I make a fruit smoothie in the morning but find myself hungry not long after... thanks for the receipe!!!

yeah the protein really helps to stay fuller longer...i PROMISE....I normally am hungry like 30 mins after I eat lol but after this smoothie its normally more like a few hours :) Thats prety good for under 200 cals ya know
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    BUMP! this sounds too good to be at the bottom!
  • VivianRosie
    VivianRosie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just searched for smoothie recipes and found yours! Thank you, you inspired me to try it and it saved me a lot of calories. Mine was more sugar and orange juice. Here's to eating (and drinking) healthy! Cheers!