Taking BEFORE and AFTER pics....

Options
So today I took some pics of myself so I can see the difference....

I don't know if anyone felt the same way but it totally depressed me ! LOL I've been on MFP since Dec 15th and have lost 12lbs...and have just started to workout 5 days a week to increase the loss.

Ok nothing in particular, maybe it was seeing that I need to lose 90lbs is overwhelming or what....or just seeing the pics in general.

That is all :)

Replies

• CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    try changing your ticker to show weight lost and not weight to go!! but i know how you feel!! i have been on here since nov and i have only lost 9lbs!!!
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i didnt take any before but i should really find some and save them in their own file so i can compare, only problem is i am usually the one taking pivtures
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    It's hard to be objective when you see your own pictures (b/c you see yourself everyday).... dont' be discouraged.... be motivated that you are losing weight! Good job! Imagine the next few pounds dropped!
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    try changing your ticker to show weight lost and not weight to go!! but i know how you feel!! i have been on here since nov and i have only lost 9lbs!!!

Thats how I have it....lbs lost so far :)

I'm generally a positive person but I think in a way it was good to see a sideways pic of my fat ...I know that sounds funny haha But its more like a reality check :P

Great job, 9lbs is awesome!!
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Options
    It's hard to be objective when you see your own pictures (b/c you see yourself everyday).... dont' be discouraged.... be motivated that you are losing weight! Good job! Imagine the next few pounds dropped!

thanks Girl :)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I couldn't look at mine for the first month but now I am so happy I did it because I am really seeing a difference, I have lost more inches than I have pounds and that makes me incredibly happy!!!!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Pics help keep you motivated to move from what you look like now, to what you have now accompolished. But if you didn't take pics or just don't have any.. You have your measurements that can tell you alot also. Make sure to get your measurement at least 1 time a month that really motivates me. I started 1-1-11 and I've lost almost 30 lbs and almost 25' but I have been on a major plateau since mid Feb 11. So my measurements really help keep me grounded and keep me going... Good Luck all...
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Options
    Pics help keep you motivated to move from what you look like now, to what you have now accompolished. But if you didn't take pics or just don't have any.. You have your measurements that can tell you alot also. Make sure to get your measurement at least 1 time a month that really motivates me. I started 1-1-11 and I've lost almost 30 lbs and almost 25' but I have been on a major plateau since mid Feb 11. So my measurements really help keep me grounded and keep me going... Good Luck all...

thanks, I think you are right..I need to take measurements too. And 30 lbs for you is impressive! keep it up :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I think thats why I avoid take any before pics cause it will just depress me even more.. weird but it does :ohwell:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ok I had a reply typed out and lost connection and lost post ARGH!

Ok so you lost 12 lbs THATS GREAT! How long did it take to put on the weight?

I have been here since Jan and lost 6 lbs. BUT last year before finding MFP I lost 8 lbs in a year, so I am close this year to what I lost in all of last year, I know some people lose weight fast and maybe its good for them BUT I look at it this way I am trying to live healthier and fix all the mistakes I made in my life. I have had NSV of better health along with this. My cholesterol went done and good cholesterol went up my sugar levels are normal. You might not see all the changes your body is going through but if you are eating healthier your body insides are changing to be healthier.

Do this to have a healthier you!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thats great progress!!! I have been on here since Dec 1 and I have lost 12.8 pounds!! I am VERY proud of myself, I am for 1 pound a week. Remember the slower it comes off, the slower it will take to put it back on. There is never a easy fix!!
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Options
    I think thats why I avoid take any before pics cause it will just depress me even more.. weird but it does :ohwell:

Well I think its more of a reality check. i'm always the girl who is pretty....according to people...but I'm also 238lbs and overweight. So sometimes I relied on being pretty and that people will accept that. But seeing pics of how overweight I am is good motivation :)
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options

Thats how I have it....lbs lost so far :)

I'm generally a positive person but I think in a way it was good to see a sideways pic of my fat ...I know that sounds funny haha But its more like a reality check :P

Great job, 9lbs is awesome!!

It totally is a reality check! I usually see myself forwards and side ways, but I never realized how wide I was from behind o___o I don't have much of a butt so I never really think to look and boy .. what a rude awakening that was d:
  • Rita5061
    Rita5061 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been on since November 2010 and I have lost 42 pounds. The key to more weight loss is exercise. Try Zumba if you like to dance. I love it and I am still dropping inches. Weigh everyday and set your weekly weight loss goals. I love the reports you can view on MFP... they keep me motivated. Keep up the good work, you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Options
    I've been on since November 2010 and I have lost 42 pounds. The key to more weight loss is exercise. Try Zumba if you like to dance. I love it and I am still dropping inches. Weigh everyday and set your weekly weight loss goals. I love the reports you can view on MFP... they keep me motivated. Keep up the good work, you can do this! :flowerforyou:

Thats what I am thinking...the key is working out. I did just 1500 cals a day for the last 3 months but now that I have my portion under control I'm adding exercise. I'm doing the stairstepper 4 days a week where I burn about 400-500 calories, then on friday and saturday I'm doing 20 minutes of the 30 day shred video. I also changed my diary so my NET is 1200. Basically if I want to eat more than 1200 cals a day I have to workout LOL Which is almost everyday.

I'm hoping this is a good plan, what do you think?
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I undersrand how you feel, but try using the pics as motivation...don't take anymore comparison pics for a couple of months. I have lost 90lbs in about 5 years, and recently gained back 30, and now need to lose 65. Instead of overwhelming myself thinking about that large number, I set smaller, short-term goals and check them off one-by-one.

don't get discouraged, you can do it!
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    You are doing great though! We have gone through older pictures lately and you can totally see the difference!! I know its hard. I am feeling discouraged too but think of the small victories and how healthier you are becoming!!!