Same workout different calorie count

Options
So yesterday I did an hour of pilates and it gave me a calorie burned of 174. Today I did the same hour pilates and it gave me a calorie burn of 139. Any suggestions on why this is happening???:sad:

Replies

• UcallMeJay
    Options
    your cals burned can vary depending on your heart rate.
    Are you using a Heart rate monitor?
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    MFP is super smart. It totally knows that you didn't work as hard today as you did yesterday. :wink:

I'm kidding of course. I have no idea why it would do that. It sounds pretty stupid to me.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I did an hour of pilates and it gave me a calorie burned of 174. Today I did the same hour pilates and it gave me a calorie burn of 139. Any suggestions on why this is happening???:sad:

What is giving you different numbers? If it is a heart rate monitor than you must have had a lower heart rate the second time.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I got diced yesterday as well they sorted me 110 exercise calories. I do the same workout every day
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    If you lose weight and "Check in" than you burn less calories. Did you weight in today?
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing. Also, does the calories burned change for heavier vs lighter?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    what is "it"?

MFP? possibly you are logging it under the same "name" exercise, but it is two different logs in the exercise database and based on different formulas / calorie burn.

Your HRM - that'd just be because each workout is different.
  • Rachel_wa
    Rachel_wa Posts: 20
    Options
    No heart monitor. Just an hour of Windsor Pilates! Love this workout and have used it on and off for years but disappointed to see I'm burning less today then I did yesterday.
  • Rachel_wa
    Rachel_wa Posts: 20
    Options
    I just started on thursday and won't weigh in till next thursday.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays workout 1025 same workout on Friday, no weigh in and it was 955.

I log the same exercise every other day I don't change or look it up just copy the same one
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    No heart monitor. Just an hour of Windsor Pilates! Love this workout and have used it on and off for years but disappointed to see I'm burning less today then I did yesterday.

MFP just gives you an estimate. I use a heart rate monitor and have never gotten the same calories burned twice. Every time you workout you do it differently. Your intensity changes from one session to the next. And as you drop weight you have to work harder to burn the same amount of calories as before (i think)

Also you shouldn't do the same exercise everytime you workout. Change it up, keep your body guessing