Oatmeal WOW

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    lol what brand of Oatmeal are you eating???
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    There's also the Weight Control Quaker - Banana Bread is YUMMY--it gives you 7 grams of protein!

Calories 160
    Calories from Fat 25 % Daily ValueTotal Fat 3 g4%Saturated 0.5g3%Polyunsaturated 1gMonounsaturated 1gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 0mg0%Sodium 260mg11%Potassium 150mg4%Total Carbohydrate 29g10%Dietary Fiber 6g23%Soluble Fiber 4gSugars 1gProtein 7g % Daily ValueVitamin A20%Vitamin C0%Calcium10%Iron20%Thiamin20%Riboflavin20%Niacin20% Vitamin B620%Folic Acid20%Phosphorus15%Magnesium10%

Diabetic ExchangesServing Size: 1 Packet (45g)
    Calories: 160
    Total Fat(g): 3
    Protein(g): 7
    Total CHO(g): 0
    Exchange Values: 2 Starch, 1 Meat, 1 Fat
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    There's also the Weight Control Quaker - Banana Bread is YUMMY--it gives you 7 grams of protein!

Calories 160
    Calories from Fat 25 % Daily ValueTotal Fat 3 g4%Saturated 0.5g3%Polyunsaturated 1gMonounsaturated 1gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 0mg0%Sodium 260mg11%Potassium 150mg4%Total Carbohydrate 29g10%Dietary Fiber 6g23%Soluble Fiber 4gSugars 1gProtein 7g % Daily ValueVitamin A20%Vitamin C0%Calcium10%Iron20%Thiamin20%Riboflavin20%Niacin20% Vitamin B620%Folic Acid20%Phosphorus15%Magnesium10%

Diabetic ExchangesServing Size: 1 Packet (45g)
    Calories: 160
    Total Fat(g): 3
    Protein(g): 7
    Total CHO(g): 0
    Exchange Values: 2 Starch, 1 Meat, 1 Fat

This is what I eat.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much to all:
    this is what i got

1/2 Dry =150 Calories (That Doesnt fill a bowl) QUAKER NATURAL OATMEAL

so... 300 Calories 2 cups

1 banana medium 86 calories.

386 calories plus Milk 3.25% fat (2 cups) 146 Calories

532 Calories.... ( I was wrong for 68)

I make mine w/ water (1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal) + 1 c. water. Can you just add a little milk for flavoring (1/4- 1/2 cup) instead of using 2 cups of milk?? You could easily make that for a LOT less cals!!

Jess
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    there is a discount store that sells a lot of the nutrisystem stuff. i found a cinnamon oatmeal with only 150 calories. i bought a couple to see if i like them. im gonna have to go back and buy the rest of them. they are tasty and i LOVE oatmeal.

they have a sour cream and onion soy crisp i like too. it only has 100 cals for the whole bag.
  • satanyanet
    Options
    Thank you so much, im going to try this recipe we drink VIVA Milk :)
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I buy organic oatmeal at the health food store in town and then add granola too it. So I make 1/2 cup of organic oatmeal and 1/2 cup of granola to it and make it with water so it adds up to 290 calories total for the meal and then sometimes I will add a banana to it for flavoring but a lot of times I like it plain.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Do you mean 2 cups of oatmeal, or two serving sizes of oatmeal?
    If a 1/2cup=150, 2 cups=600 in the oatmeal alone.
    If you mean two servings, then 300 is correct, but it's actually 1 cup, not 2.
    Right?

I only bring that up because I had found late in the game that I was off on some of my calculations and eating more calories than I thought. It stinks to find that out, but it's good knowledge to help you continue to lose weight.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    wowwwwwwwwwww what kind of oatmeal are u eating???????????
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe regular oatmeal is 600 calories.
    Thats outrageous.
    I know regular quaker oats is 100 calories, unflavored.
    Unless youre adding fruit and a lot of sugar and milk you should be no where near 600.
    Please check the entry you made.
    If there isnt an error here, im surprised.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/generic/oatmeal-dry has oatmeal at 291 calories per 1 cup of dry.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much to all:
    this is what i got

1 banana medium 86 calories.

386 calories plus Milk 3.25% fat (2 cups) 146 Calories

532 Calories.... ( I was wrong for 68)

I dont think the problem is really the oatmeal, but the portion. Especially the milk, and at 3.25% fat? If you switch to a lower fat milk it would help a lot...
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    Myabe you should use a smaller bowl? IDK

I use the prepackaged flavored one a lot, its 160 calories, plus half a cup of skim milk.

Are you sure you put in 2 full cups of milk? Break out the measuring cups if you have too, but that seems like a lot to me.
  • tookieb
    tookieb Posts: 89
    Options
    Not giving up my oatmeal. Dont care. Cant make me do it.:smile:
    I'm with you:D
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have my oats every morning(no smutty comments please :laugh: ) for my breakfast and they keep me going till mid day or longer ....won't eat anything else ....no other breakfast apart from a great big traditional calorie laden full English keeps the nibble pangs away till lunch ..well worth it in my eyes
    am addicted !!!
    :smile:
    Eat them they do you good ...
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: