A Pea Under the Mattress.

Options
Of course all girls are princesses...But I'm feeling a little curious.

With my weight loss, I am now finding that every wrinkle, every crinkle, every twist, hem and thread in my bed is causing me discomfort. It has turned into a total routine to unwrinkled sheets and lay my jammies flat in order to get to sleep. Is this due to not as much fluff to my body to mask the wrinkles? Has my girth caused low sensitivity and now I am back to feeling wrinkles in the sheets?

This post is not meant to be gooey-ewie-or otherwise. I just can't figure out what this new sensitivity is about?

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Of course all girls are princesses...But I'm feeling a little curious.

With my weight loss, I am now finding that every wrinkle, every crinkle, every twist, hem and thread in my bed is causing me discomfort. It has turned into a total routine to unwrinkled sheets and lay my jammies flat in order to get to sleep. Is this due to not as much fluff to my body to mask the wrinkles? Has my girth caused low sensitivity and now I am back to feeling wrinkles in the sheets?

This post is not meant to be gooey-ewie-or otherwise. I just can't figure out what this new sensitivity is about?
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    :tongue: DH will have to be extra careful with you ma soft, sensitive lady! :wink:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ummmm I'm just loving the fact that when I lay on my side, I no longer have a big belly tugging on my side and stretching my skin and feeling very very uncomfortable...:bigsmile: As for more wrinkles and crinkles and stuff, ummmmm I roll up in my blanket like a burrito :tongue: So I don't really have the problem. My fiance works nights I work days so I can do dat :smokin: :tongue: But on his days off where I have to share the blanket :angry: I do find it harder to get comfortable. Wierd, huh?:huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Try getting a memory foam topper - it should help!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that nobody else is having this issue. I seriously can't figure out what the problem is for me. I'm constantly up and unwrinkling. does skin become more sensitive as we lose weight? No really...68 people have looked at this, but am I the only one???

<~~~~ Here's the surprised look...LOL :laugh: :tongue:

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that nobody else is having this issue. I seriously can't figure out what the problem is for me. I'm constantly up and unwrinkling. does skin become more sensitive as we lose weight? No really...68 people have looked at this, but am I the only one???

<~~~~ Here's the surprised look...LOL :laugh: :tongue:

Yeah, you're one in a million huni :bigsmile:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I'm pretty sensitive about my sleep.

I won't sleep well if the sheet slips off the corner of the bed, a cat toy snuck in there, etc. This isn't really related to my weight tho. You can see on my ticker that I am still a pretty big girl.

Any chance it is a caffeine thing? Or are your exercising at night now?

Sometimes I just need to be exhausted to get a good nights sleep!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Princess.....don't know why you're feeling every bumple, but, I do love our memory foam mattress topper, not terribly $ at Sam's and adds a loverly softness, but doesn't mess up the firmness of the bed. You might not notice the 'peas' as much.

I suppose it could be an increased sensitivity, are you doing anything different at night, coffee, or anything with caffeine??? Anything that would keep you from relaxing???Stress??? I know If I can't sleep for whatever reason everything can bug me, the tag in my jammies, Jamerz' breathing, anything....:angry:

And Kellch....I'm married to one of the original hairy chested sheet snatchers so can sympathize!!! I finally put two blankets side by side on the bed, that way he can burrito in his and I still have mine to wrap in or throw off (depending on the warm or freezing state of the body.:huh:
    Just FINALLY getting out of the several years of chronic non-sleep ...thank you mother nature's messed up hormones :explode: ....so can definitely relate to sleep problems. Finally I can gripe and then give a sigh of relief!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

I suppose it could be an increased sensitivity, are you doing anything different at night, coffee, or anything with caffeine??? Anything that would keep you from relaxing???Stress??? I know If I can't sleep for whatever reason everything can bug me, the tag in my jammies, Jamerz' breathing, anything....:angry:

Exactly what I was thinking. :flowerforyou: With how active you are, you may need more time to chill and decompress to sleep.
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well Max being Max I will say something I was not going to.

Some Nights I feel a little edgy and restless and therefore sleep in the buff. It is usually one of those nights where U roll over and your clothes dont move at all.

Ezzie you bring up a good question, I will watch my caffine and see if it makes a difference.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I was going to say sleep naked. Max just beat me to it. I can't sleep with anything on. When we stay somewhere else I always sleep poorly, because I have to wear jammies.
  • BEFORE
    Options
    Well Max being Max I will say something I was not going to.

Some Nights I feel a little edgy and restless and therefore sleep in the buff. It is usually one of those nights where U roll over and your clothes dont move at all.

Ezzie you bring up a good question, I will watch my caffine and see if it makes a difference.

See BEFORE, I come up with some good ideas at times.

Its not like I want anyone to see me naked right now. Not pretty. :grumble:
  • BEFORE
    Options
    I was going to say sleep naked. Max just beat me to it. I can't sleep with anything on. When we stay somewhere else I always sleep poorly, because I have to wear jammies.

I hear ya, I just hate the pinned down or trapped feeling.
  • BEFORE
    Options

Well, when you come visit me, you are more than welcome to sleep naked.

I thought only family was allowed to visit you in prison. :ohwell:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    maybe because of the skin being stretched it does become more sensitive. it becomes thinner being stretched. i know my tailbone has been hurting when i sit down wrong, or for long periods of time. just a thought.
    chipper
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Well, when you come visit me, you are more than welcome to sleep naked.

I thought only family was allowed to visit you in prison. :ohwell:

Well, I list Anna as my cousin from West Virginia.

Your having Thanksgiving dinner, right?