Why am I not losing weight?

Options
I'm a dancer and next weekend I have a dance competition and I've been trying to tone up and lose a little weight before it, but instead I've been gaining weight. Usually every day I've been eating up 1200 calories and eating fruits and veggies and yogurt. Last week I went to 3 Zumba classes and still nothing. I don't know whats wrong with me and I feel like when I try to diet the most, I end up gaining unnecessary weight and I cannot stand it. If this has happened to anyone please let me know what the deal is and how you overcame this. Im setting mini goals for my self like 1 or 2 pounds a week to lose some how I gain that instead. If there are any cleanses or diets that I can do for the next couple of days, please share!

Replies

• allypally9
    allypally9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating your exercise calories??
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you're only eating 1200 calories a day AND working out a lot, try eating back enough of those calories to NET 1200 a day. (NET being food eaten - exercise. if you're burning 600 calories (which can easily be done in a Zumba class) Then your body is only getting 600 calories and it's starving!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, this website is a program and you have to follow it in order to lose. Have you been logging those days you dance and eating back your exercise calories? This program is designed that you log your exercise (dance) and then eat back the calories you burn so your body doesn't mess up its metabolism by you "starving" youself. You can actually gain weight if you don't eat enough because you are not feeding your body. Your NET calories is supposed to be 1200, not calories you eat. If you burn 600 calories dancing, then you should eat 1800 calories because your body will *think* you only got 1200 after exercise. Good luck and be kind to your body :0).
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? It could be your metabolism is slow due to starvation mode, but if it's early on In your diet then it's unlikely.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: What everyone else said. Eat those exercise calories back! Log them and then eat them back and see what happens. Drink plenty of water (half your body weight in ounces. 150 pounds=75 ounces of water) and get enough sleep. These are all vital things that must work together to have success. Good luck!!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? It could be your metabolism is slow due to starvation mode, but if it's early on In your diet then it's unlikely.

117 lbs lost. Way to go!!!
  • andrea10191
    andrea10191 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you've been doing a lot of toning you could also have built up muscle mass which increases your weight even if you are getting smaller. Muscle increases your metabolism too so you are burning more calories even when resting.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    another reason could be all the sugar ur takin in.. yogurt and fruits and some veggies are loaded with sugar, im just finding these things out cause im a newly diagnosed diabetic.