Beautiful Blues 03/19/2011

Options
Good Morning Blues,

Here's this week's chart.

Untitled-3.png

What are everyone's goals for this week?

My goal is to start to log my food and exercise again. It'll be hard to get back into the habit but we'll try to get it done as much as possible this week.

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Same goal for me... Get this baby out! Keep up the great work everyone!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Gotta log my food and exercise 3 days this week. Thanks for the chart!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    OH MY, my legs were sore this weekend... hehehe, oh well, no pain no gain.
    So I went out on sunday and started to walk, but couldn't just walk and got to a jog.

Question.
    Do any of you have a belt/ouch/pack of some kind to hold a water bottle?
    I was also thinking, I jog close to my house, so no keys, but if I want to drive to a park to jog around a track i have to bring keys with me. I can't just put them in my pocker, as I'd be afraid they would bounce out.

What do you use?
    I know jogging room or stores of that sort have specially designed stuff, but just looking for something simply from walmart perhaps?

Thanks
    Peter
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    peter: I bought a belt that holds to jugs for running . I love it. I have the pic of it on my profile. For saving my keys, i bought running pants with a zipper. Works really great.

today I did Insanity Plyo cardio circuit and jogged outside on and off for 15 minutes. Catch you all tomorrow. Good night!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Met my goal early this morning! I now have a beautiful baby boy!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Met my goal early this morning! I now have a beautiful baby boy!

Congrats! Hope you are all doing well:flowerforyou:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Debnu- congrats on your new baby boy. Wish you well and your family!

So here's my exercises for the day: did Insanity cardio recovery, jogged outside 15 minutes, and 40 minutes of weight training at the work gym. My body is sore!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    My exercise today...Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It was a good workout and it felt good to be moving again. Physical therapy is helping the leg so maybe I can get back in gear.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby boy :D
  • MayLan
    Options
    hey all buddies,

how are ya?

This was my day today:
    Did p90x shoulders and arms then Ab ripper x. It was too cold outside to run, so skipped that. I was up at 4:00am this morning with my workout schedule before me. I'm super excited to be doing this. I'm headed now to my work gym during lunch to do some leg weight training.

Have a nice day all!!!!!!! And Keep pushing Play!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Awesome Debnu.. Congratulations on a little baby boy.

Doing good today and the last few days. Made myself a nice egg white omelet yesterday morning and egg burrito's this morning.

It snowed a lot here today, so didn't get outside and did P90x Plyometrics today for a nice 950 calorie burn.

Have a great day everyone.
  • MayLan
    Options
    It's snowed a bit where I live. Got some exercise in this morning and did Insanity Pure cardio, then during lunch I'll do weight training for my arms at the gym at work. Now I'm getting ready to head to work. Have a nice day all!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I do use a running belt. I've been looking at a new one the nathan with two small bottles I don't typically drink a lot when I run but for the longer runs and when it's hot. THe other I have is the nathan shadow it's just a pouch. I really like it. I am going to get the fuel belt single bottle that has a clip to clip it on to the shadow. Before the pockets stretched out, I had a big two bottle and used one of the bottle pockets for stuff.

My next purchase will the the nathan with two little bottles - be sure of the pocket size that it will fit your stuff.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey blues,

Can you please send me your weigh ins?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Bautiful Blues is still up and going? I'm so impressed guys! Way to go! I am back working this again- when I can get a chance to chart, but have to do something and have forgotten the LOWER portions I should be eating! Thanks goodness for this web sight. Hawaii trip is a huge motivation right now for me, but you guys too are truly inspirational! Let me know when a new challenge is starting, and keep up the great work! Kath:drinker:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Well, it is the end of spring break. In celebration, we spent the day watching it snow. Our camping trip went great. The weather was even nice.
    My mother continues with her health problems. She has been in the hospital since March 3rd with extreme pain. She can't even walk without falling over due to severe stenosis in her spine. They have scheduled her twice for surgery for the stenosis. The first time she ended up in ICU with aspiration pneumonia and sepsis before surgery day came around. The next time (this past Thursday) she had a heart attack while they were prepping her for surgery. She is back in cardiac ICU, and also has pneumonia again and a UTI. Tomorrow they plan to do a stress test and decide whether or not to do a heart cath. I did get to see her three times in the past week, but since she is several hours away, I can't get back for a while. Not to mention I can't afford the gas.

Debnu: Congratulations!!!

Almost forgot to tell you, while I was gone I got to spend some time with my grandson who will be three months old in a couple of days!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Where are all my buddies?
  • thumper44
    Options
    Hey mary, and blue team... I had a busy day, but it was nice out, and I looked forward to getting home so I could go out for a jog. I wanted to try and set some kind of standard so that I have a point of reference. ie.. Stick with a lap around the streets where I live and keep to that route (I've taken various).

The one I picked is 4kms. Today , first lap was 32 mins, so I did it twice. 65 mins, and burned 1110 calories.
    woo hooo.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Sounds great, Peter. Sometimes I wish that I could run, but arthritis tells me that would not be a good idea. I plan to hit the pool again this evening though! I have been working on turning around when I reach the end of a lap. I always had to stop, turn around and start again, but the last two times I swam, I was managing to do it in continuous motion. Small thing, but a victory for me!

Tomorrow, I am taking my high school students to a local park to do service work. The community is putting in a new playground, walking trail, and splash pad, and we are to do demolition/prep work. I hope I can keep up well enough to supervise the kids. Anyway, it should be a good workout for me.

Everyone have a great Thursday!
  • msh0530
    Options
    I survived the day! The high school where I work took all of the students to a local park for a community service project today. We are putting in a new playground, splash pad, and walking trail. This is being done with all volunteer labor over the next month. We were the prep crew. We moved sand, dug out and moved railroad ties, painted, dug out the sprinkler system, poured cement, put up a construction fence, chipped cement out of cracks in the tennis court, raked out a shelter belt, put up a construction fence, and hauled away debris. Mostly I helped with the construction fence. The kids were amazing workers. There were over 250 of us there for 6 hours. They put up signs that say "Extreme Makeover - Park Edition."
    And my best news of the day - my mother is slightly better, and was released from the hospital to rehab today! Hopefully she will improve enough to get a stint for her heart.