easy low fat lunches?

Options
:wink:
I go to 6th form so I am looking for some healthy low fat lunches which are still going to keep me going until 5ish when i have my dinner? i have my lunch around half past 12!!!

I only want to be having max 400 calories for lunch!!

please someone help!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    healthy choice and lean cuisine have great options... and there are always coupons or sales on them
    rice cakes with peanut butter or hummus
    tumaros tortillas with boiled chicken and low fat swiss
    avocado slices too
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a cook book called "Hungry Girl 200 recipes under 200 calories" You might can try that. You could eat 2 servings of whatever they show.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If your going to go with a microwave lunch you supplement some nutrients with fruit or low/no fat yogurt.
  • ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    Do you need "on the go" lunches or just regular lunches? I am fortunate to eat at home and usually for lunch I will eat chicken, a vegetable, and brown rice with a glass of water. I cook my chicken and brown rice in bulk (about 5 breasts at a time, and about 6 servings of rice) and just put it in a plastic container in my refrigerator and it can be reheated easily. My entire lunch is around 300 calories, high in protein, low in fat, and definitely keeps me full until lunch!

If you need lunches to take to work, I love chicken salad wraps/sandwiches. I make my chicken salad with lots of chicken, very little mayo (light or reduced fat), add in grapes and apples and top it off with spinach. I either use pepperidge farm 45 calorie bread or a high fiber tortilla wrap. It is a great option if you need something to eat while you are on the run and you can make the chicken salad in bulk.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I like to buy the Joseph's oat bran pita bread....just 30 calories for a half of one. You cut those in half and stuff with whatever meat and veggies you like and can easily have a lunch for under 400 calories. Also, you can make mini pizzas with these, add sauce and top with toppings for under 200 calories. I posted that recipe online. It's great! Greek yogurt are also very filling for usually about 100 calories depending on what kind you buy. You can buy the pitas at walmart in the deli and are super delicious. Good luck:)
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have to pack my dinners for work most days of the week and I like to make them at home. I'll make a homemade chili one night and separate it into servings and put it in the freezer so I can just grab one and go on my way to work, or i'll make a cold whole wheat pasta salad, loaded with carrots and celery and tuna for protein. I'll use a light sour cream or plain yogurt in place of mayo. yum :) Making it at home lets you know exactly whats going into what your having for dinner, and I always feel like I'm getting more when I make it compared to the frozen dinners from the store. Although I will use them every once in a while as well. (Just gotta watch the sodium and calories)
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    You could get some Flat Out wraps, or Sandwich flats, with some deli meat or tuna. -160ish
    Greek Yogurt- 120-140
    Apple-80
    Thats under 400 with alot of protein and fiber to keep you full!
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i love the deli flats or sandwich thins for lunch. I fill them with tuna, turkey, or hummus then load it with lettuce and veggies, add an apple - usually around 300 cal.
  • AJBond
    AJBond Posts: 14
    Options
    If you like Tuna...this is what I have been eating for lunch A LOT! 1 Can of Tuna...I either eat it on one slice of sara lee delighful wheat bread or have about a serving and a half of low fat wheat thins or flat crisp crackers. I also put lettuce on it. Then for the side about 10 grape tomatoes. Very filling and good too!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Turkey Cranberry Wrap - La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious 100 calorie tortilla, 2 tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt, fresh spinach, 2 tbsp dried cranberries, 2 oz low-sodium turkey breast Delicious and filling! If you prefer it as a sandwich you can use Ezekiel bread.
    If you don't already get the Oxygen magazine you should. They have really good and clean recipes. Jamie Eason has recipes on her Facebook and bodybuilding.com. She has recipes for your own protein bars, turkey meatloaf, bread, etc.
  • shahneeking
    Options
    I usually buy at school, but from now on i'm going to take something with me!
  • shahneeking
    Options
    Also, I don't eat chicken!!!!
    I eat wraps, sandwiches, and salads! So any recipes of that variety :P
  • yoghurtand
    yoghurtand Posts: 119
    Options
    Do you have a microwave there?

When I make my lunches for school (I'm in y13), I use a carb like bulgur wheat, cous cous or rice and toss it with salad and whatever sauce is left over from last night's dinner. Then I add roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes or whatever veg I happen to have in the house. There are so many variations you can make using this as a base! Plus, whatever meat or fish you like (or olives or avocado or boiled eggs) can be added for even more variety.

The microwave is for if you have a sauce that really doesn't taste good cold :P
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    bump