change your attitude!

Options
A lot of the people who are successful on this site have an incredible attitude. They are positive about what they are doing and obviously love themselves for who they are and the changes they are making.

How many of you out there often say "I can't", "I don't think I can", "It won't work" or use negative terms like that in their life?

How many of you are prepared to make change by saying instead "I'll try", "I can", "I will"? Look at your friends and see who is successful. You will probably find that those people are making positive comments on MFP.

Make your change positive! Look at the day ahead and think of all the things that make the day great for you and focus on that xx

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post... I agree with you completely.. I have seen many post with nothing but excuses of why they can't, won't, or haven't been sucessful before and now. I am a firm believer that you have to have the mind set to succeed with anything you go after. Think positive, and you will generally have positive reactions...
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I completely agree... a good attitude goes a long way, and not only for yourself, but for others as well! Stay positive and know you are going to change your life and others lives around you (mfp) Love this site, and I know I'll make my goal and maybe even more! As well as meeting soo many good positive people here!

Just remember you can achieve anything you put your mind to doing, and if you think you can't... well guess what, chances are you won't... so be positive and think positive because all we think will happen!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! And, to be honest I needed to read this today. So, thank you!
    It's all about a positive outlook. :smile:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Bingo!! This is the way to be! I just had another (crazy!) member tell me I have a "houlier than thou" attitude and call me "little Miss Hot Stuff", but in the end, I know that what I'm doing is effective. Through MFP I've found a healthier lifestyle, better mental/emotional balance, and a much leaner body!

A positive attitude goes a longggg way in achieving your goals. And when you do reach them, don't be afraid to tell others that! Advertise your success even if others put you down for it! After all, through hard work (dieting, exercise), you did it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • believetoachieve
    Options
    Just remember you can achieve anything you put your mind to doing, and if you think you can't... well guess what, chances are you won't... so be positive and think positive because all we think will happen!

Hence my username!!! :bigsmile:
  • believetoachieve
    Options

Hence my username!!! :bigsmile:
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree!
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love this post - and I am guilty of putting myself down - I read a book on womens running - and that said that women are the worst for it - and by letting all those negative feelings and thoughts enter your head you are letting every bully, ex partner etc in your past get into your head - Im doing my best to address all these negative thoughts and get my head in a better place x
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Great post my dear!
  • Randonneur
    Randonneur Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Believe in toast.

Yes I do...........

The attitude is so important and the retraining of bad to good eating.
    There is so much stuff in supermarkets which is just so bad and you have to literally fend it off to get to the good stuff.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I soooo agree! I hate excuses and bad attitudes. I am a firm believer in smiling all the time. Life is hard but if you dont try or just do it you will never know where you will succeed!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Awesome post- thanks!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i confess to being an excuse maker, but i AM working on changing this, its one of the reasons i log into the community section to try and get my head in the right place, it's not working as of yet but i'm working on it lol.

i can't believe how many times i have modified this post before posting because i thought it sounded too negative. sigh
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Absolutely right, well said my friend!
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am pleased to say I never dis myself that way. Can't and won't are not part of who I am.
    I like myself, no matter what number it says on the scale.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with changing your attitude is probably the most important thing when making lifestyle changes.
    Being positive, driven, devoted and having belief in yourself WILL make all the difference in your life. Beating yourself up and dragging yourself down with how you talk in your minds voice can totally sabotage your goals, dreams and ambition to be the person you want to be. Its not going to happen overnight BUT YOUR DREAM WILL HAPPEN, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So you gain a pound or dont lose a pound or eat something that isnt the best choice isnt worth degrading and harming your inner being because as much as we are all working on getting our outsides to look how we want. Our inner soul is what is going to get us there.

Keep looking and moving forward lifes to short to live in the past filled with regrets and negative thoughts.

DREAM...... BELIEVE ...... LOVE .........LAUGH.......HAPPINESS is what YOU Deserve and WILL ACHIEVE!!
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A lot of the people who are successful on this site have an incredible attitude. They are positive about what they are doing and obviously love themselves for who they are and the changes they are making.

How many of you out there often say "I can't", "I don't think I can", "It won't work" or use negative terms like that in their life?

How many of you are prepared to make change by saying instead "I'll try", "I can", "I will"? Look at your friends and see who is successful. You will probably find that those people are making positive comments on MFP.

Make your change positive! Look at the day ahead and think of all the things that make the day great for you and focus on that xx

This is right on point!!! Since losing the weight I have not only gained confidence, but I'm a lot more optimistic in my thinking!

Great post!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I love this post - and I am guilty of putting myself down - I read a book on womens running - and that said that women are the worst for it - and by letting all those negative feelings and thoughts enter your head you are letting every bully, ex partner etc in your past get into your head - Im doing my best to address all these negative thoughts and get my head in a better place x
    I can totally see that more with women. A lot of women use the expression of negativity to relate to others. People generally like to complain (it's "easier" than being positive; or maybe just a common habit), and those that complain, tend to get more attention/sympathy/understanding/etc, than people who are positive. In it's lowest form: "misery loves company".