ALWAYS starved at night

Options
Im hungry like all the time at night....I could honestly pig out at night and go way over on my calories...I do fine during the day....any suggestions?

Replies

• jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem , I do good all day and then the monster comes out at night!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    oh gosh I go through the same thing.. sorry Im not much help but you're not alone. I can do really well through the day but when the night comes I feel starved and end up eating a lil too much sometimes :frown:
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am too, I find it easiest to not snack at night, if I give into my temptation I usually eat terrible snacks, and it turns into a meal. I would say just don't do it! P.S. the hunger pains go away after about a week of not eating after dinner, there is hope!
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    almonds, slim-fast shake, eat a high fiber/ protein dinner so its more filling....
  • Chacen
    Chacen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make a cup of air popped pop corn with nothing on it around 9pm to get me through the night.
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    when i get like this i grab an apple or some other fruit.
  • luckyme65
    luckyme65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    try to eat some protein (pieces of turkey, cottage cheese, a glass of milk) It will help make you feel full and will keep your metabolism going during the night while you sleep.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Drink water or save enough calories for one healthy dessert. I love vitamuffins, sugar free pudding or a skinny cow ice cream bar . I also have some fruit too!
  • iamnox
    iamnox Posts: 39
    Options
    I have the same problem and i work at night. I am trying to do healthy snacks
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I just go to sleep LOL
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    If you can, grab a portion of nuts, I like almonds. The protein stays in your tummy all night and the good fats are good for you! For the ones I buy, I can have 28 nuts which is a good sized handful for me and they keep me satisfied until breakfast! I refuse to go to bed hungry, and never seem to have that problem! If you worry this will put you over your calories, log them first, and if you need to, just do some jumping jacks or something!!!! LOL!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that really works for me is Good Earth Caffeine Free tea in Original Sweet & Spicy. It is strong - like liquid gingersnaps and kills my cravings. HOT drinks work best - we are really seeking comfort. Diet Swiss Miss is good too - the 25 calorie one.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Do you crave sweet or savoury things? If you are hungry, eat, but just make good decisions.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, then just redistributed my calories. Since I KNOW I want to eat more at night, I'll have some almonds or fruit for breakfast, a banana and maybe a small cup of soup for lunch, then save my remaining calories for dinner/night. Also, I LOVE that when you exercise, you can eat more, so I work out a ton!
  • Vtrembacki
    Vtrembacki Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    drink alot of water and make sure thoughout the day you get plenty of protein and fiber, wich will make you fuller longer. and if it still doesnt work, then get some low calorie snacks to help you, and save some calories for after dinner so you are not going over. i like slimfast strawberry smothie bars (60 cals each) popcorn, rice cakes, veggies. Find something that works for you!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I usually go back in and do some easy cardio or take a walk or go to bed.
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Options
    Drink water or save enough calories for one healthy dessert. I love vitamuffins, sugar free pudding or a skinny cow ice cream bar . I also have some fruit too!

I agree! I used to have a bowl of ice cream every night. At the beginning of this lifestyle change I even tried telling myself that eating a bowl of reduced fat ice cream was okay, I was still losing weight but barely. I gave up sweet/sugar for lent but still having the cravings at night. So I save up my calories and I make a smoothie at night: 1 cup of frozen straw( no added sugar). 1/2 banana, and about 1 c of skim milk. Really yummy and feels me up so I dont feel so hungry late at night. Good luck!
  • jgm8land
    jgm8land Posts: 9
    Options
    I have always had this problem! I am trying to make sure I always save 200-300 calories for a fourth mini-meal, which is usually a cup of milk and either a healthy cereal or snack. This really helps me thru the night! Sometimes it is hard during the day to save those calories, but it works. I really try to exercise too in the evening it seems to curb my cravings and hunger, but sometimes I am so tired from my long day.
  • fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Try frozen banana & strawberries mixed in blender for ice cream. maybe add a little almond milk for consistency. Basically all fruit. Even if you go over, it's not so bad since it's fruit.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This is why I always hoard calories during the day... so I can have a decent snack in the evenings...