Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

ZUMBA,is anyone doing this?

How can we get this into the data base?????

Replies

• Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    You can create your own exercise. That's how I log mine in. If you use a heart rate monitor it will tell you how many calories you burn while doing it. I burned 315 calories doing the 20 minute express so when I log in however many minutes I do, it calculates it for me.
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Thats exactly what i do as well :)
  • kpak73
    kpak73 Posts: 6
    Yeah, I just ballpark my calorie loss when I create a workout... depending how much I sweat... I try to be conservative with my estimate.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    I too do Zumba, and went online to get the calories burned for now and did indeed add it as my own exercise, but it will be much more accurate when I get my HRM. It all depends on how much you weight, and how much you exert yourself while doing it. Hope this helps!:bigsmile:
  • LuvLeigh42
    LuvLeigh42 Posts: 47 Member
    i put mine in the database so i think it might be there
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    i put mine in the database so i think it might be there

That would show in your database, but I am pretty sure that won't create a master entry.

It would be great to have because I am starting Zumba again this week..
  • robincnrr
    robincnrr Posts: 14
    thank you all i guess i better go get a hrm:)
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    I just did my first class and was excited to come log it in. Now I'm depressed because I don't know how to guestimate what that hour of movement and sweat was worth. Don't have a heart rate monitor for next time either.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    I would classify it as dance, aerobic until Zumba is added to the database.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    This is very hard to estimate without an hrm. I teach 6 classes a week and have a different burn for each and every class. It depends on what songs are on the playlist (how many high intensity and how many low intensity), how much energy I put into it during that class, if the class is pumped up or if the class is quiet. So many different factors...don't know what I would do without my hrm!!! Definitely worth the investment!
  • kimmisatch
    kimmisatch Posts: 105
    I lodge it as the dance one !!!!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    HRM would be your best bet on getting a good calorie count. In my Zumba class I burn between 550 and 750 depending on the day and the class.