Those without gym memberships.

Options

Replies

• SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I do work out video off of netflicks, I also have some from forever ago like taebo and slim in 6 (beach body). I run 3 days a week as well. When I am out driving in my car I use the mile tracker thing to see how far places are. I started out running 1 mile and now I am up to 5!!
    Working out outside is great...you can also find a local park and use the park benches to do like, step ups and push ups and tricep dips...use the monkey bars for pull ups....just use your imagination!!

When I take my little to the park she like to do things with me too...we also do yoga lol she love the downward dog. The gym is no the be all end all to working out!
    Enjoy the fresh air!
    :glasses:
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Rowing machine, Wii fit, Wii sports Tennis and I've pre-ordered Wii Zumba for when it comes out next week. And I'm thinking about going to real life Zumba as well. I just need to find out how much it costs near here.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have free weights, resistance bands, Wii Fit, a bike, my feet (walking), my body (body weight strength exercises), and a husband who nudges me when I'm feeling unmotivated (to be fair, I do the same to him.)
  • pammyxjean
    pammyxjean Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Turbofire and chalean extreme, I would loooove a membership, someday :wink:
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do classes that have drop in prices -yoga, hip hop and zumba are my three i pay 100 for 8 or 15 drop in...

Or i have yoga & pilates DVD and i walk with my boss for my whole hour lunch everyday which is great to to burn off some calories and get out of the office...
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I run/walk, bike ride, roller blade/skate, do the occasional workout DVD (checked out from the library for FREE), or the occasional zumba/dance class with a friend. that combined with diet has worked great for me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I dance my *kitten* off (literally) throw some tunes on and bounce around like you're at the club...do it for about half an hour...then I do calisthetics. I made my own little weekly challenge book. This week is 50 twist crunches, 50 leg ups, 50 jumping jacks, 50 squats, 50 calf raises...4 days a week. Look on line for tons of calisthetic work outs. it's free! I also have an exercise ball i bought for $20 at superstore (canadian). you can look up tons of exercises for that too.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Zumba DVDs, Pilates, and I record exercise programs (like yoga, cardio) on my DVR - that way I always have a variety. I also play hard with my boys. Sometimes they tell ME they need a break! Every other day, I do 30 minutes of pushups, crunches, and planks. It's working for me! And no excuses because I can do it all in my living room.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire with a little of P90X
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv.com
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i like several of the DVD's that are available to stream via netflix - which we got when we cut our cable off, to save money. most of the Jillian Michaels workout dvds are only 10 bucks at wal-mart, though i only own 1 so far. i also live in an apartment complex that has a fitness room free for tenants. if you don't, maybe you have a friend that does - workout buddy! or, if your neighborhood is safer than mine, just running and walking outside in the fresh air.

and when i feel like doing weights, i just fill bottles or jugs of water. for instance if you're filling like an empty juice bottle, it'll tell you on the label how many ounces. then you just divide by 16 to get the lbs.

you can actually develop an AMAZING workout routine for waaayyy cheaper than a gym membership. i, personally, have only invested as much as i have cuz it makes me feel better to get treats for myself all the time. i think i've spend a total of about $70 this year (not counting the netflix subscription, cuz we didn't get that specifically for this). but i probably would've bought shoes and a heart rate monitor whether i had the gym membership or not, so that's neither here nor there. by the end of the year i will have spent MAYBE another 50, just buying more dvds to keep my routine fresh, and some hand weights. cuz gallon jugs of water are just plain unwieldly, and very difficult to balance during a workout.
  • Coleman73
    Coleman73 Posts: 42
    Options
    Playing outdoors at the park like your 10 again is great exercise. Get back to using public parks that might have circuit training setups. you can always look to volunteer in exchange for membership privlages at various places. I know golds gym in indy will trade babysitting for a few hours weekly in their kids zones for membership privlages.

Enjoy life the options are there.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Do you have digital cable? If so, you may have ExerciseTV on demand..They have MANY workouts that burn many calories..
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just bought a skipping rope, a yoga mat, 2lb & 3lb weights. I receive really great workouts through my email, we also have an eliptical. I need to mix my workout up more but I am still getting into it I think so I still miss some days but totally notice when I do. I haven't ever had a gym membership but what has already been said makes so much sense. Good luck with your journey
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you have cable TV, check out the OnDemand section. Netflix also has a great selection of workouts too! If you're more self motivated that me, you can put together your own routines through magazines/websites like Shape. And, if you can't afford a good weight set just yet, canned food works pretty good.

Grrr you stole my netflix thunder. ;)
  • wwright8835
    wwright8835 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use EA Sports Active 2, it is great, I love it. I also have the biggest loser but I dont care for that near as much

Also I have been jogging with nike +with my ipod (weather permitting)

4908134.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Good ol walking....lots of Jillian Michaels DVD's....playing soccer with my kids...biking with my kids...sometimes I even log my cleaning:-) The Wii is fun too...
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Run, walk (inside since the weather still isnt quite good enough to be outside- our schools allow us to walk before school and in the evening), exercise DVDs, ride bike
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    bump
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Jogging, 30 Day Shred, and my favorite.....

BODYROCK.TV