Signed up a month ago

Options
Hi everyone, I signed up late February and absolutely love this site! I am down 10lbs so far and not feeling at all deprived. I thought I can just use this as a tool so I did not request friends. After reading some posts I realized I'd love to share my journey with others like me. My initial goal was to lose 50lbs but in reality whatever I lose is taking me to the ultimate healthy goal. I am married have two boys and just bought our new house. I will post pics soon. I am looking for people to help me keep motivated. I don;t exercise regularly and would love to start after I shed my first 20lbs. Soooo 10lbs to go. I hope to meet new motivated friends on this site with the goal of change. Thanks.

Replies

• SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Will send friend request :)
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new house and your 10 pounds! That is an amazing acheivement! I started a little over 2 weeks ago, and I also was originally planning on just using it as a tool. After reading some of the topics, and contributing a little over the last few days, I realized the same thing! Not only is the support and motivation helpful, but I need to have accountability also- I hate letting people down, and if I know there are people on this site rooting for me, I will be more likely to keep it up :)
    Good luck, and feel free to friend me!
  • emyback68
    emyback68 Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Glad you are doing well. I did the same thing by not requesting friends at first (but I didn't lose any weight!). I need the motivation and support. And now that I have it, I really love all my MFP friends. It is great motivating each other. Feel free to send a friend request my way.
  • illylore13
    Options
    Thank you guys, I really am glad that we will all get all MFP has to offer.
  • sunrizes
    sunrizes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just barely signed up tonight and thought your idea of asking for support was heartfelt and honest. If you have any tips for me, I would appreciate them. It's hard to believe I could get to 10lbs lost right now.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 10lb shedding!! That's awesome! Support is key...I couldn't do this without my MFP family. It truly is what has made the difference this time around!!

Happy to send you a friend request, and for anybody else out there that needs support, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Leslie
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Welcome!! Best wishes on your journey to a healthier lifestyle :flowerforyou:
  • illylore13
    Options
    Thanks and I'm sorry my name is Ileana
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    congrats and good luck! I will send you a FR!
  • Princessd13
    Options
    Hello :) you can do all things!