Foods you absolutely can not keep in the house?

Options
I just had a late night "incident" with a bag of raw almonds and some apricots. The almonds are in the trunk of my car now. Some foods I just have no will-power around and can not resist them. Almonds (or any non-peanut nut for that matter) are my weakness.

I was wondering what foods you folks absolutely can not have in the house no matter what? I mean, cookies and brownies are probably a given, so I should ask what "unusual" foods can you not have in your house?

Replies

• ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    Just about anything with the words "ice cream" in there and anything that has a label on it named "krispy kreme"

If its not here I can't "tempt" myself to want it.. :)
  • zilla
    zilla Posts: 46
    Options
    Dried fruit!! Dried: mango, pineapple, dates, figs, pawpaw. Banana chips, carob honeycomb... carob dates. Haha, it's all sort of strange food. Once a week I buy a small serve of these sort of things to treat myself, but not enough to blow out.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I can have cookies and cake in the house. I can not have jalapeno cheese focaccia bread. I will eat the whole thing by myself.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    sour patch kids
    cheese sun chips

actully any candy haha.
    ice creams

pizza

breadsticks etc
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Korean food....yes weird but since I'm half korean its hard to resist kimchi and things that are wayyy too salty. Some of their foods aren't as bad but most of it is loaded with things that aren't so good.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Any type of chocolate (candy bar, pudding, cookies w/ choc. chips, brownies, all forms really), and potato chips. Those were my comfort foods that I totally craved, especially right before and during TOM. Now I wont even let my bf bring over candy or chips for himself.
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    liquorice babies. I would get up out of bed and hunt them down! LOL
  • siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Candies =( or Fruit Strips ...
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.BLAH!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything sweet, even if its healthier sweet like those banana cookies. I just end up eating them all at once, i have to keep that kind of stuff in the back of my car or in the deep freezer in the garage. I can't even keep peanut butter in the house cos i will want it by the spoon full.

:grumble:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Korean food....yes weird but since I'm half korean its hard to resist kimchi and things that are wayyy too salty. Some of their foods aren't as bad but most of it is loaded with things that aren't so good.

mmmmmm kimchi
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Oreos and cheetos are the worst...Ice cream is harder because it takes longer to grab so I might get caught. Haha...Thats the junk food. I also love pretzels.
  • johnny51981
    Options
    Jelly Beans. Any kind...doesn't matter.....Jelly Beans! Doesn't matter what size bag I buy, they are GONE the same day they are were purchased. BUT, I have become a stickler on making sure to stick to my calories. So if I eat the jelly beans, I miss out on something that would have filled me up more...and when the calories are gone, I have to live until morning.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, skinny cow, trail mix and brownies
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nutella! Which I have in my cupboard now....:grumble: I eat it by the spoonful sometimes! I like it on bananas though, so I just have to practice some self control.

Any sort of chips will be GONE the day after I buy them. I loves salty and crunchy. YUM YUM!
  • missmeagan89
    Options
    Ramen Noodles for sure! They are my weakness! As weird as that is. lol. Love them!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oreos and cheetos are the worst...Ice cream is harder because it takes longer to grab so I might get caught. Haha...Thats the junk food. I also love pretzels.

ohh man me too on the oreos.....
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    French or Italian bread.......I can easily eat the whole thing. But not by itself, no no...it has to have some tillamook cheddar slices and a slice or 2 of pepper turkey breast. Its a full meal.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Chocolate can't live in my house, not even cooking chocolate lives in my house very long, that's a given. An unusual food is my husband bought home a bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit once, well I discovered a little fetish for dried pineapple, chewy sugary yumminess. So much so I ate the lot then went a bought another bag of just dried pineapple and devoured that to : )
  • zilla
    zilla Posts: 46
    Options
    Kimich's health, though. You'd just have to drink a stack load of water due to salt.