I am so starving in the morning..what should I be eating??

Options
From when I wake up until about 11 I am STARVING. I usually have a cup of yogurt. Then a granola or almonds mid morning. Please help It is driving me crazy!

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    From when I wake up until about 11 I am STARVING. I usually have a cup of yogurt. Then a granola or almonds mid morning. Please help It is driving me crazy!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love egg whites and you can do so much with them. We have them scrambled with fat free cheese. You can make omelets stuffed with all sorts of veggies and some turkey. Today I had a turkey and egg sandwich made with once slice of turkey, 1 egg white fried (used cooking spray), a slice of fat free cheese and honey wheat bread. It really feels you up throughout the morning.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I have a big bowl of cereal every morning. It might seem like a waste of calories, but it holds me over.

Yogurt doesn't sound like enough. Maybe toast or fruit with it?

I think it is perfectly okay to use a chunk of my calories in the morning.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love my specialK with red berries! I eat it everymorning for breakfast with some extra strawberries or other fruit, maybe a slice of toast and a fried egg. I love turkey bacon too.... Yougurt is good too as long as you have some extra fruit to help fill you! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BREAKFAST CHALLANGE!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating for breakfast? I've been told that you should have your heavier meals earlier and then lighter meals for dinner ect... Besides, you have all day to burn exra calories from breakfast, but at least you wouldn't be starving! Hope this helps.
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Heavy breakfast is good. Have Oatmeal with milk and fruits, if you wish. Add on a slice of toast with light peanut butter or olive butter.
    My filling breakfast is:- Strawberry smoothie and 2 toast with olive butter.
    Then, I have a small cup of coffee around 12 noon. I don't feel hungry until lunch then.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    That's not enough "umph" for me either...I love having some Raisin Bran or something more filling in the AM. Almonds are not enough even as a snack for me...More like a quick topper for your yogurt. Try pushing something more filling in the AM, and make sure you add a good 10 minute jog quickly in place somewhere during the day to make up for the extra calories. What do you think about shifting calories like that?

YUM!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I actually consider this a good thing. I never used to be hungry every. Now I'm never hungry except when I first wake up in the morning. This makes sense, it's been 10- 12 hours since my last meal I should be hungry. I never used to eat breakfast because I was full from the gluttony from the day before. I know every day when I wake up hungry I'm moving toward a healthy relationship with food.

That being said if you're still hungry after breakfast you need to change your breakfast. I find that if my head is telling me I'm hungry then I need to eat more protein. If my stomach is telling me I'm hungry then I need more bulk/fiber which is fruit or vegetables.

I generally eat oatmeal for breakfast. I don't like instant, so I make baggies of 1/2 C Oatmeal, 2 T raisins, and 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice. Mix with 1 Cup of water and microwave for 2.5 minutes. (use a big bowl it makes a mess if it overflows). add a envelope of sweetener and some cold water.

I also like egg beaters. I just scramble them in the microwave and top with salsa. I like a Morningstar Farms breakfast patty with this.

My wife likes to hollow out a bagel (she scoops out the soft bread and just leaves the crust) and fill it with ff cottage cheese mixed with fruit spread.
    Of course I have a piece of fruit with either of these.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I eat bran flakes wi/ 2% milk, and a banana sliced on it, then my coffee. That's 300 cals total.

Eat a little MORE in the morning - that fuels you and helps you make better choices through the day.
  • LauraDK
    LauraDK Posts: 18
    Options
    eating high fiber/protein will fill you up longer. I just tried Ezekiel sprouted cinn/raisin bread with a little of natural peanut butter and 1/2 banana on it. It might have fat, but it is the healthy fats. Or you could try Amy's steel oats oatmeal or her multi grain oatmeal and put some fruit and almonds in it.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Fiber One baby!!:drinker:
  • kineecho
    Options
    I have 1/2 cup of plain oatmeal with 1/4 cup wheat bran mixed in. Then I add a splash of milk to make it stickier and a tsp of brown sugar. All the fibre you get with this keeps me full until about 11am ... I eat at 7am. If I do get hungry before I drink a homemade smoothie of 1/2 frozen berries, 1/2 banana and 1 cup skim milk ... to make it really frothy I add 6 ice cubes.
  • monica5237
    Options
    i have a fiber one bar or a special k bar about 830 and it hold me over till 1 pm then i have a sandwich for lunch or veggies (fresh crunchy ones like tomatoes ot cucumbers or carrots celery) my mind likes to hear the crunch and it makes me feel like i am eating naughty:devil: :devil: