dinner? MAX 500 CAL

shahneeking
shahneeking Posts: 13
edited September 25 in Recipes
I'm off out tonight to excerise for two hours, I eat around 5, start excerising at 7.. So i need something that is going to give me lots of energy! I have no time to be going out buying foods so everyday food that you would have at home? also I don't eat chicken!! Maybe something containing tuna?

Replies

• meggersd
    meggersd Posts: 55
    Pita Pizza

one pita seperated
    1/4 cup pizza sauce
    1/4 cup partly skimmed cheese
    one serving pizza meat

400 cals - give or take depending on products used.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    I don't know anything but:

good protein for calories:
    Turkey, fish, lean hamsteaks, tuna, and chicken (too bad you've cut that one out :flowerforyou: )

good protein:
    brocoli, asparagus, okra, beans (black, navy, black eyed, etc...)

good protein (higher calories):
    Nuts, cheese. lean beef
  • Kirstan73
    Kirstan73 Posts: 5 Member
    This recipe for Moroccan chicken stew is lovely. Easy to make and I tend to make it the day before so that the flavours have time to develop.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1895/moroccan-chicken-stew.aspx

383 calories for a portion so I tend to top it up with a little wholemeal rice :smile:
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    mmm tuna, a little sweet relish, miracle whip, bowtie noodles and a smidgen of feta... and of course some red pepper. this is my favorite thing to make then put it in the fridge and when it gets cold have some. its essentially tuna salad... just a little twist.:tongue: the pasta gives you the carbs you need for the energy... it has tuna in it and its really ... filling. and fantastic.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    This 'tuna' you speak of is it in a canned or steak format?
  • its canned. i want pasta?
    or is that too fattty? i dont have any low fat cheese! :/
  • Kirstan73
    Kirstan73 Posts: 5 Member
    Doh I really should read more closely. The stew is also nice with Quorn or other meat substitutes
  • meggersd
    meggersd Posts: 55
    instead of eating pasta pasta I use no yolks egg noodles you can have twice as much with half the calories!!!! delightful!
This discussion has been closed.