Hi...I'm new to this site!!

Options
Hi, my name is Jackie & this is my first time on this site! I actually stumbled upon this site while looking for weight loss ideas on google! I'm so glad I found it! I am a married, SAHM mom of 3 young kids (10mos, 4, 8) and am trying my hardest to develop a healthier lifestyle. I don't have too much weight to lose, but enough! After having my 3rd baby, I seem to be unable to drop the weight. My primary weight loss goal is 15lbs, but my overall *hopeful* goal is 25lbs. I have a lot going on this summer, so I'd love to drop as much as I could by the end of June! I'd love to find some motivation and inspiration on this site! Seems like there are a lot of wonderful people and groups out there...I sure hope to find something that works for me!

Replies

• pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie Im Paula Friend me
  • jannyiggle
    Options
    Hi there I'm new to (been on 5 days now), friend me if you want another supporter.
  • bobball
    bobball Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome! You will find lots of encouragement here, and almost always good advise. I have to maintain a weight for my job and now that I am in my upper 40's it is more and more difficult so I use MFP to help me count my daily intake and exercise calories. Counting calories, and eating just under (by 150 to 300) what you burn for the day and you should lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. It is difficult to find that number at first and it changes when you lose weight too so you are constantly adjusting.

It is the only thing that really works as a lifestyle I have found. Other things are just diets, when you stop dieting, you gain it back.

1. Figure out how much you burn in a day on average (the tools are here) but remember it is only a guestimate. everyone is different.
    2. Eat less (but not too much less) than you burn so your body does not think you are starving it and slow down your metabolism.

That simple.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Hey jackie welcome !! sent you an add