Any easy healthy ideas?

Options
When my boyfriend and I hang out, we usually cook a meal together, and I am getting tired of having the same things over and over again(tacos). He is also no help when it comes to new ideas because he isn't trying to eat healthy like I am, so it's difficult finding things to agree on. Do you have any ideas?

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Go to the recipe section, lots of good ideas there.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I just picked up two hungry girl cookbooks. 1) 200 under 200 and 2) Recipes & Survival Strategies. I plan on picking at least one new receipt a week and trying it.
  • jannyiggle
    Options
    Hi, how about weaning him onto something similar but different like fajitas or wraps with a salad. Then he won't get too much of a shock to his system.
  • daniellejg
    Options
    thanks! and that sounds like a good idea.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I get tons of recipes from EatingWell.com They list all of the calorie information and most of the recipes are already in the MFP database. My husband (who is skinny with a huge man-appetite) has liked everything I have made from there so far.
  • dborba80
    dborba80 Posts: 6
    Options
    I like to search different websites, faster and cheaper than cooksbooks. Eatbetteramerica.com will tell you exactly how many calories in the recipe making it easy to log. Cooks.com and allrecipes.com are good websites too. I have never really tried to eat healthy before so this is new to me but looking at healthy recipes I have found ways to cut calories like mixing plain yogurt with mayo and using ground turkey rather than ground beef.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    Do a google search for recipes. I like to do rice and chicken with a homemade bean salad.

Home cooked black beans , no salt and rice

Grill your veggies and herbs together: green bell pepper, onions, garlic, lime juice, fresh cilantro, fresh oregano and grilled chicken.
  • justjess575
    justjess575 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Stir Fry! 1 piece of chicken and ton of veggies. You can even use frozen and its still as good. You can serve over brown rice or noodles. You just have to watch the salt level with the soy sauce. There are great recipes for stir fry sauce that uses chicken stock and other things to lower how much soy sauce you use.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    How about vindaloo? Super easy to make:)

One can of chickpeas
    four tablespoons of Patak's vindaloo sauce
    1 can of vegetarian beef broth (you could use actual beef broth, I just don't eat meat;)
    1 tablespoon of garlic
    1 package of meatless strips (or again, actual meat if you prefer:)
    1 carrots diced up
    one onion

Put all ingrediants in a crock put, high for four hours or low for eight, serve over rice:) And with a dollop of sour cream. Yummo!