Best workouts for weight loss?

Options
Hey all. I am just wondering what the best workouts for weight loss would be. What has worked best for you and what do you recommend? I was doing P90X for a while and didn't see much scale movement with that...actually, my weight loss increased after I quit. So, any other workouts that work better for bringing down the pounds?

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    weight loss: walking and jogging

toning : jillian michael's dvds
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am loving Zumba. The cardio workout you get is just crazy!
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm not big on exercising - wish I were! but I have always been told that cardio (walking, swimming, elliptical, etc.) is the best for weight loss. doesn't bulk you up, but burns calories! Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!

April
    mitts1970
  • alex51026
    alex51026 Posts: 71
    Options
    In regards to weight loss, anything cardio. Walking/Jogging/Running/Biking. Anything that gets the heart rate up.

I love the elliptical when it comes to good cardio work with very little impact.

Good luck!
  • melissamauney
    Options
    Do what ever you like.As long as you are up moving. The most important thing is changing what you eat.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Cardio! I personally love the elliptical!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Whatever cardio you do, keep the heart-rate at 65-70% of max HR for your age - this is the best fat burning range...

rgds,

David
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    Elliptical and stair master! As long as you do cardio, you will start to see results!
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    Elliptical and stair master! As long as you do cardio, you will start to see results!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on exercising - wish I were! but I have always been told that cardio (walking, swimming, elliptical, etc.) is the best for weight loss. doesn't bulk you up, but burns calories! Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!

April
    mitts1970

Its hard for a woman to bulk up. We women are built differently to men.

Anyway back to question any cardio is good. If you want to tone up you as well you are going to want to do some weights.
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    To be honest, you can do all the cardio in the world but wont matter if your diet is not good. You will see bigger benefits to your fat loss if you eat good quality foods such as meat, fish, eggs fresh fruit and veg.

If you want to lose fat through exercise then interval training will benefit you the most.
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    I'm loving Zumba for the Wii... Able to do it at home, it's an awesome workout, and it's FUN!! Seen some definite results.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Do what ever you like.As long as you are up moving. The most important thing is changing what you eat.

This is the rightfullness. The workout itself isn't really anywhere near as important as your diet.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Okay. What do I go by for food? My fiance insists that I eat more than MFP recommends...I'm at 1490 for calories on MFP, but he says I need to be eating 1800 calories a day....I know that I'll probably lose weight on either of those, just one slower than the other.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I've heard that cardio is best. I actually use workouts that I watch on Netflix! They are working pretty good for me so far as well as using my elliptical. I can change them up that way as well and am not getting bored with them. I also love my Zumba although I wouldn't be able to do it in public - I'm quite sure I do not look like the people in the video doing it, lol! Good luck!!:happy:
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    HIIT taining gets the goo off =)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

This is the rightfullness. The workout itself isn't really anywhere near as important as your diet.
    agreeed :) do something you love and you will be more motivated to do it!!! What you eat is the largest part of the battle
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can eat the calories that MFP tells you, however, they quality of the calorie is what counts. Finding foods that are wholesome and that fill you up are good. Keep your carbs low and eat alot of protein from meat and fish, and eggs are great for this, either with a main meal or as a snack on it own.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    To be honest, you can do all the cardio in the world but wont matter if your diet is not good. You will see bigger benefits to your fat loss if you eat good quality foods such as meat, fish, eggs fresh fruit and veg.

If you want to lose fat through exercise then interval training will benefit you the most.

BUMP
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've heard that cardio is best. I actually use workouts that I watch on Netflix! They are working pretty good for me so far as well as using my elliptical. I can change them up that way as well and am not getting bored with them. I also love my Zumba although I wouldn't be able to do it in public - I'm quite sure I do not look like the people in the video doing it, lol! Good luck!!:happy:

Oh, I used to do Netflix workouts too! They worked great! But, then I cancelled my Netflix...I have a bunch of videos though...and I like to go for walks.