ripped in 30

Options
Anybody else starting the new JM RI30 dvd? I have done nearly all of her other wo's including 30DS, NMTZ, BFBM, 6W6P, YogaMeltdown, and Shredding it w/weights (SIWW). Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this one.

I did it for the first time today. Started with level 1 but didn't feel like it was challenging enough (I often do 2 of her wo's back to back....like one level of 30ds, then follow with a 6w6p or SIWW .. unless I'm doing one of the longer ones like NMTZ or BFBM) Anyways, so after I did level 1, I went on and did level 2. L2 was a bit more challenging but I didn't care for the ab moves. I wore my HRM and burned about 232 cal. (which is about average for me...i usually burn about 200 cals/hr with moderate exercise)

I watched the 3rd workout while i was stretching/cooling down and it looked pretty good. I don't really want to skip the 1st two levels all together to move up to lev. 3, but maybe I'll do a combo of all of them.

Also, just looking for others to share the experience and compare notes....

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any of the workouts for this. I was wondering how much different it was than the shred. Doesn't sound like its worth the investment, do you think? I also love most all of Jillian Michael's dvds.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm doing it right now and I totally think it's worth the investment!! I love Jillian's workouts, I think she really knows what she's doing with her 321 interval system. I think Ripped in 30 is very challenging but that's just me! I've done Shred, BFBM, NMTZ and love all of them. I'm on Week 2 of Ripped in 30 right now and it's a great workout!!!!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Use heavier weights. I alternate between 5s and 8s and today I start Level 3. I usually always follow up with an hour of cardio on treadmill or bike.
  • seobstar
    Options
    I haven't seen any of the workouts for this. I was wondering how much different it was than the shred. Doesn't sound like its worth the investment, do you think? I also love most all of Jillian Michael's dvds.

It's honestly not THAT much different that Shred but it's great. I was done with Shred and looking for something more and the first day I did Ripped in 30 I was sore the next day so it's obviously working different muscles or in different ways than Shred. I love it!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Ok, you pretty much answered my question in response to my last comment...thanks!
  • seobstar
    Options
    Ya, I agree with CallMeMamaBoo, I use heavier weights and it really ups the sweat/workout intensity! And I always follow it up with an eliptical/run.
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    It's $12 and better than the Shred IMO, she uses updated moves. While I am in no way in GREAT shape, I was sweating more and shaky after work out 1. I like how in Ripped she does more moves, so instead of just "pushups, then squats with arm raises" then repeat she adds another move in there so it's 3 instead of 2. It's less stationary moves and more moving involved. It is HARDER than the shred, of course if you've done all those other workouts it's not going to be as hard for you. I only did level 1 of the 30DS because I hated level 2. I do it between 2-4 times a week. I think it's well worth the $12.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    thanks for everyones responses so far!

I do think it's worth it for only 12 bucks! I like to alternate my routines, so I love having a collection of all of her dvds. I also LUV her 3-2-1 system and like that she does 3 weight moves for each circuit in this one. a little bit more stress on the wrists with all the plank stuff back to back in level 2, but i just used my handweights under my hands to take the strain off there.

I also use 5 lb weights now too. (even snuck in my 10lb kettlebell for the squat swing move)

what do you guys think about the ab hold into the table hold move in level 2?