Friend me!

Options
I joined MFP a while ago, and I need some more friends that will be supportive and help me stay accountable!

A little about me...I'm 34, married with three kids ages 14, 4, and 2. I'm a high school teacher and I have a lot of extra weight to lose. I'd love to start the C25k, but can't find the right time to exercise, so that's a struggle. I'm just looking for friends who have been successful or who are on a similar journey!

Replies

• mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi - would be happy to be added too. I just started looking at C25K today and would love to be able to run - I currently have trouble walking quick! However, I've downloaded the workouts to my ipod and am going to give it a go tomorrow. Last time I tried to run, I managed a couple of minutes and came home and went straight to bed for a sleep - my family have never let me forget that one!!
  • Rero79
    Rero79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I did C25K last year and I lost 10 lbs and ran my first 5K. It was an awesome feeling considering I have no athletic bone in my body (does eating chips and ready books count:?lol)
  • Crystal68
    Options
    Ya can add me as a friend as well. We all can use all the support we can get.
  • beckybrouse
    beckybrouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Ember! So nice to see you on MFP! I'm Becky (age 50) and both my Mother (age 78) and Daughter (age 25) have joined! Support is so great and fun to boot! I love MFP! One of the best fitness web-data-tracking out there! I've never run but have joined LA Fitness and hit the gym walking a fast pace walk at 5am 5 to 6 days a week. Maybe I'll consider a run... I've lost about 40 lbs and another 20 to go! Anyway - You can do it! One step at a time! (no pun intended) Have a great day!
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I have also been apart of the C25K program. It actually is the only one in the past year that has worked for me. Motivated me enough to lose weight. Right now at around 21 pounds slimmer after starting the program in early Feb. I am also an active (to me active is 10 posts a week) on the C25K forums so feel free to sign up there and post a progress report (this I find helps you stay motivated as people will comment and provide feedback on your run and progress).

The community there is great like it is here, so feel free to join the C25K experience (if you have an ipod touch or iphone, the app is amazing for keeping you in track while listening to your own music).
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me!