p90x

Options
Hi, I am completely new to this site, so I'm not quite sure how to go about posting questions/suggestions!! I received the p90x workout program for Christmas, and haven't fully used it yet. I've tried out some of the workouts, but haven't been consistent with it! I was wondering if anyone out there is using, or will be using this program?? I thought it might be fun to have others who are in the same stage as I am with it...Then we will have personal motivation! Well, I guess, if anyone is out there, please let me know!
I am hoping to start this program this week--or maybe next week so that I can start at the beginning of a new week!

Replies

• MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of week one right now, today is Yoga. I am sore and moving like an old man, but I love it!! :laugh:
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Lean version! Today is the begginning of Week 6 for me! I weigh in tomorrow and plan to be a total of 15lb lighter since I started the program!!
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    hi and welcome! I am currently doing a mix of p90x lean and insanity. Starting my 3rd phase today and going to do it all over again when I am done. Good luck to you!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I start week 5 tonight.

I'm down 11 pounds so far and 2 inches in the waist.

If you have any questions, let me know

MakingAChoice - Yoga is hard and repetitive - seemingly. Stick with it - the whole 90 minutes. I only did the first 20 minutes the first two times I did it because I got impatient. I kick myself for that constantly.

Good luck!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi there -- friend me if you would like.
    I am on Week 2 Phase 1 (so just starting) and I am loving it. I am losing inches.... gaining confidence.
    I would say its 100% worth it! :)
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just posted some progress pics on my profile if you want to check them out. I have a little less than 30 days to go. The first week was tough, but it does get better! I love the results and love the workouts! Good luck!!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just started week two phase one of the lean program. You can friend me is you would like.
  • Steelalady
    Options
    I am starting P90X with a group of ladies online. We have set up a 'private' FB page to encourage & support each other. We will all weigh & take 'before' pics on Friday, April 1. If any of you are interested in joining us, let me know. Feel free to friend me!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love Love P90X!! I Just started P90X/Insanity hybird(week 2)
    These programs are some of the best programs I have ever done!!
    Enjoy...
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome, P90X is great I'm at my 3rd week day 3 Classic "Shoulders & Arms". The first week and a half I was walking like a mummy but now its good, starting to see those results :)
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    Hi Jackie! I have started P90X several times but never finish! The furthest I have gotten was when DH & I were doing it together & we did it for alittle over a month. I've been thinking about starting again this week. I need someone to keep me accountable though! I hate that quit so many times. And not because I didn't want to do it but things would come up & I wouldn't be able to fit in my workout. I need to wake up early everyday and make it the first thing I do so nothing gets in the way!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I am starting P90X with a group of ladies online. We have set up a 'private' FB page to encourage & support each other. We will all weigh & take 'before' pics on Friday, April 1. If any of you are interested in joining us, let me know. Feel free to friend me!

Id like to join that group :)
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the lean version today!
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think the p90x eating plan is a little high? I've read on the boards that some people don't have a lot of weight loss success if they eat as much as tony horton says to. What are you guys doing about the diet?
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm doing slightly under sometimes, also I don't plan on going up on calories on the next stages just up my protein and such for muscles. As long as you not bonking on your workouts you can afford to be a little under for added weight loss.
  • Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start P90x lean next week. I think Monday will be my start day but I need to look more closely at the schedule to make sure the weekly schedule looks good on a Mon-Sat cycle. I am still doing the original P90 right now, I will only be about 60 days in, but I really want to be done with P90x at the beginning of July before a vacation, so I am accelerating the schedule. Then after a week off at the beginning of July, I hope to do P90x classic.

As far as the diet goes, I will probably stick to my MFP calories, while eating back my P90x exercise calories of course. I will try to stick to the carb/protein/fat ratios of the P90x nutrition guide for each phase. I did South Beach last fall and while I lost a lot of weight on Phase 1, I had NO energy for exercising and it felt like my body was just eating itself. It looks like P90x phase 1 isn't quite as extreme, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll keep checking back here in case anyone else wants to check-in on our progress, as it looks like I'm not welcome in the April 1st Ladies group :( j/k I understand. Good luck everybody!
  • cubbybeard
    Options
    P90x is a wonderful program. I've done it a couple of times, starting with the lean version. I didn't lose any weight during the first 90 days, even though I was very strict with my diet and followed the exercise program. I did learn a lot about myself, however. Things that helped me lose more weight were:

1. Not eating as much as the program guide says you can. I wasn't hungry for the extra calories. This could have something to do with being a female.

2. Switching out the cardio and yoga for running. The cardio just got boring because it became too easy, and I can't spend over 90 minutes on yoga...short attention span, I guess. :smile:

3. Switching out running for Insanity once it got too hot outside to run. I got to the point where I would alternate three days of cardio with arms/shoulders, chest/back, and either core or legs. Insanity is only about 35-45 minutes long, but is very intense. And I have to say that Kenpo X (in the p90x Plus group of workouts) is one of my favorite workouts, and it's only about 45 minutes!

All of that being said, I'm starting from scratch AGAIN. A busy year and a nasty broken toe have set me back to the beginning, so I'm starting fresh this week. Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing with their p90x and weight loss goals!

One question: What will you use to track your daily exercise? I didn't see anything that resembled a p90x workout in the exercise database besides Calisthenics (vigorous) which looks like it will burn about the same number of calories.
  • MakingAChoice
    Options
    I start week 5 tonight.

I'm down 11 pounds so far and 2 inches in the waist.

If you have any questions, let me know

MakingAChoice - Yoga is hard and repetitive - seemingly. Stick with it - the whole 90 minutes. I only did the first 20 minutes the first two times I did it because I got impatient. I kick myself for that constantly.

Good luck!

I managed to get 25 minutes in before I could not hold a pose because I was shaking too much. Who knew Yoga would be hard? :laugh: I'll see where I am next week. It is a lot harder to hold a pose when you are over 300 lbs.:smile:
  • MakingAChoice
    Options
    One question: What will you use to track your daily exercise? I didn't see anything that resembled a p90x workout in the exercise database besides Calisthenics (vigorous) which looks like it will burn about the same number of calories.

I just entered the P90X program I do for the day and than enter the calorie burn from the HRM.
  • jackies620
    jackies620 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join that group!! Could you send me the info???