I am so proud of myself, that i had to share!!!

Options
tobitude
tobitude Posts: 89 Member
I have a very hard time with self control, and I was worried about going to Golden Corral. I ate very little today knowing we were going and made sure I did some execises to kind of offset dinner. I went and started with a good sized salad with fat free dressing and some broccoli and cucumbers. I then went to the hot food section and since I had checked out the calorie amounts of each food item so I had an idea of what i could eat. I managed to leave there with 600 calories left for the day, even after splurging on a chocolate chip cookie. I was so afraid I would give in like I usually do but I didnt. I was upset with the fact that our local one had downsized their salad and fruit bar, but I managed anyway. I am so happy I was able to do it.

Replies

• HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Way to go!!! I still don't trust myself at buffets like Golden Corral or Chinese. You should be so proud of yourself.
  • klynnp
    klynnp Posts: 25
    Options
    awesome job!!! You have every right to be proud of yourself :)
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You should feel very very good!:flowerforyou:
  • Shunhades
    Shunhades Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome *claps for you* keep up the good work. You can do it! =D
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    THat is SO great!!!! WTG!!!
  • momofcami
    momofcami Posts: 45
    Options
    That's great! Now you know that you can do it! Good for you!
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Awesome! I don't trust myself at buffets. Great will power!
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Woooohoooooo!!!! Way To Go!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer to go to Golden Corral if I am eating out. I feel that I can get full and still be under 5-600 cals. As long as I am full I can say no to all the other stuff!
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That is quite the feat!! Way to do it! Way to be committed to YOURSELF! :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS you should be proud of yourself. That is no small accomplishment. YOU DID IT.......
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great job, that feeling of having power over the food, instead of the food having
    power over us is a great one.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Good for you!
  • bblonskidesigns
    Options
    great job!
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your support, it was not an easy task and it is nice to know there are people out there that understand!!!
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Awsome....I went to G.C. this Saturday also. Before I could eat like there was no tomorrow....but now I try and make smarter choices about what to serve myself and also take it easy on the cals the rest of the day!!!
  • groomsmother
    Options
    thanks for the inspiration!!!! Good Job....
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    GREAT JOB! I have been staying so far away from all buffets for that reason. I always want 1 of each fried item (AGH). LOL so i'll stay away until . . . . well a long time. But great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!