Half way there! (w/ pics)

Options
mrb_9110
mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
Hi everyone!
So I'm halfway to my goal weight and it's been about three months since I started my journey. Not only have I lost weight, but I've had a couple of non-scale victories.

First, my goal all along has been to look and feel better, especially for the summer and swimsuit season.
032711115925.jpg
CHECK!

Second, my super-small friend had a pair of size five jeans she's been trying to give me for 6 months. Normally I wear an 11, but she made me try them on and I fit into them! Granted they're tight as all get out and they give me a little muffin top, but I got them on!
2011-03-27_12-08-41_453.jpg

And finally, here is my before picture, taken about two weeks after I started MFP.
SDC11080.jpg

And here is my halfway picture, taken today.
032711122213.jpg

Replies

• iamnox
    iamnox Posts: 39
    Options
    great job you look awesome keep it up
  • mrb_9110
    Options
    I don't know why the last pic is so big...
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep it up.
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    you look awesome...can't wait to get to where you are :smokin:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! :) You look great, keep it up!! :drinker:
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely INCREDIBLE! May I ask how long it's taken you, or your starting/ending weight out of curiosity? Awesome job, and good for you for celebrating those small victories along with those on the scale :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You're half way there and you look like THAT??? Daaaaaaaamn, girl!! Super jealous over here! Great job! What work outs do you do?
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! ***Flowers for you*** :flowerforyou: You look FANTASTIC! Congrats on reaching your 1/2 way mark. That is a great accomplishment. :bigsmile:
  • mrb_9110
    Options
    My start weight was *embarrassing* 165, I'm now at 154.8 (yes, I count every little bit :). Oh and I'm 5'6".
    It's taken me about 3 months to lose ten pounds, kinda slow but I know I'll be able to keep it off.

I go to the gym 3-4 days a week, about an hour to an hour and a half each time.
    I have 3 cardio days where I'll do HIIT on the treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike--usually only two a day. I also really like the rowing machine for your back and arms. That and some pushups have really helped with that weird, under-the-arm wing fat thing that I had. I also stretch for 20-30 minutes after each workout to cool down.

I'm not crazy about my eating. I'm trying to follow the Food Pyramid guidelines to get enough fruits, veggies, protein....
    Sometimes I go over my calories, but it's no big deal cause I figure I won't count calories for the rest of my life. Oh, and I do eat my exercise calories.

That's about it =)
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, keep up the good work.
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hopefully this isn't taken the wrong way, but you don't look like you ever were large enough for a size 11! I wear a size 9 jean right now and I wish I looked as great as your before pic. Congrats on getting into a size 5!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look amazing I weighed in at the 1st of this month at 163 and I am 5'6" also, I still don't look as good as your before pic lol. I also love your quote I say it all the time and I see it is true when my kids start to work out with me and after 5 minutes they are bouncing off the walls lol. GREAT job lady!!!!!!
  • ffwife2475
    Options
    Looking awesome...Keep up the good work and you will hit that goal weight in no time.
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!!
  • mrb_9110
    Options
    Thank you all for your positive comments! They really do motivate me to keep going to reach my goal :)
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    fantastic work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!