6 lbs? In a week?

Options
Ever since I started college, I kept eating really badly and uncontrollably. I would never watch my calories and ignore the Nutritional Values on the side of the package. Even after I quit college, the habit continued.

Now, here I am, 8 days after my first day of MyFitnessPal, and I've already lost 6 lbs by simply watching what I eat and moderate exercise. I've been told I might lose weight slower, now that my body is adjusting to this new lifestyle, but I want to thank Reddit for sending me here and the creator of this site.

Now, only 34 more to go...

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is water weight but congrats on your loss so far. You'll notice your losses will taper off to 1-2 lbs a week if you are staying within your calorie allowance and getting in your workouts. Keep up the awesome work!
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    My husband loooves reddit! glad they sent you our way!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Congrats! I lost 10lbs my first week, and 6lbs my second week. After that, it has evened out to 1-3lbs per week. Totally normal, keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome, it's nice to have those big losses just remember even when you are only losing a pound or two at time it's still a loss and to keep up the good work.