When to Weigh-in?

Options
My best friend and I started our weight-loss journey together last Monday. While we were taking a peek at our, then, future water aerobics class, we weighted ourselves. We remember the time, what we were wearing, and where the scale is. We made an agreement not to weigh ourselves at any point in the week, other than on Monday at that same time. So my question is, is a weekly weight -in too much?

Also, should we measure weekly as well?

Replies

• Elizabetnelson
    Options
    My best friend and I started our weight-loss journey together last Monday. While we were taking a peek at our, then, future water aerobics class, we weighted ourselves. We remember the time, what we were wearing, and where the scale is. We made an agreement not to weigh ourselves at any point in the week, other than on Monday at that same time. So my question is, is a weekly weight -in too much?

Also, should we measure weekly as well?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Weighing weekly is a good idea. Bi-weekly is even better because of how easily our weight can fluctuate. It's a good idea to weigh yourself in the morning after using the restroom.

It's better to measure bi-weekly or monthly. It will take a while for the pounds to manifest themselves as inches.

Good luck, that's great your best friend is joining you!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I think you shouldn't weigh yourself at any other time of the day (I made that mistake you can't compare your morning weight to your evening weight) and I would only weigh your self exactly one week apart (or longer; but definately not sooner). It will drive you crazy if you weight your self at different time and everyday.

Good Luck.:drinker:
  • ladylaycee
    Options
    I think you should weigh in every other week! and dont weigh in every day cause if you dont see the results you want you will go crazy...

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Again Congrats to you, read your other Thread.

I currently have to weigh myself daily, MD orders, until next week.

My preference is as follows:
    Weekly on Sunday when I get up in the morning before eating and after the bathroom. Best time to weigh.
    I use a tape measure on the same day, also weekly. I see more results when I do it this way.

If don't lose pounds :sad: I may have lost inches.:bigsmile: