putting foods into diary

Options
Ive noticed that some people are putting their whole days worth of food in before they eat it? Are alot of you guys doing that? And if you are doing that, has that helped you?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Some times I try to plan out the day but I find that when I do that, I never want to eat what I've planned for and end up changing it most times. :bigsmile:
  • Baileymqt
    Baileymqt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If I put in what I WANT to eat for the day, I can use the computer's calorie count to keep me close to my goal. Otherwise I might eat too many calories for lunch and can only squeeze in less than 200 calories at dinner, making me too hunger for the rest of the evening. This way I can budget calories for breakfast, snacks, and dinner proportions
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I log my meals if I know what and when Im going to eat it but if I dont know then I will just wait til I see what exactly I decide to eat.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I do. Advanced planing allows me to know what I can eat and prevents me form getting to dinner and realising that i have no calories left!
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I try to as often as possible, to keep me on track. It is extremely rare for me to enter as I go, since I dont have a phone app, so if I plan ahead I can usually avoid or account for less than stella choices.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    planning ahead has really made it easy for me. It gives me all the numbers right there and if I see where I need to make any changes I can do it ahead of time instead of finding out after the fact. It is easy for me as we are not ones to go out and eat anyways and I am home pretty much all day, every day unless we go to do our shopping or errands. Planning meals ahead of time is not hard for us to do here.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lots of people ahve suggested this to me, and ive tried it before, but it doesnt leave enough room for me for plans to change, and end up deleteing stuff (wasting my time). people tell me it will help me keep my calories up cuz i have a problem with my calories being to low. and it would be the oppostie for anyone else ive talked to, it helps them keep their calories down and sees where they can save if after entering everything they go over.
  • antfefe6
    antfefe6 Posts: 32
    Options
    I put the calories in right before I eat. This way I know if I have enough for a snack. I gots ta have me a snack before sleep!!
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like to try to plan ahead. Today for instance, I put in everything right before I went to work (which is where I am now) then saw that my sodium was too high for the day, so I nixed the soup I planned.
  • rickeroye
    Options
    A lot of the time I have the whole week planned out, sometimes even the week after. At least I used to do that until they made the recent updates and took away "Copy Recent" and "Copy Yesterday", now I'm not sure what to do. I might make little adjustments once I get to that day but I think planning ahead is makes a huge difference. If I have a plan I'm far more likely to it stick to it. Also it makes going grocery shopping a lot easier since I know what I need for that week or two.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I only put things in ahead of time if I am trying to decide if I can eat something that is higher in calories than what I normally eat. I just do it to make sure that I won't go over or at least not over by much.
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes. My problem is that I'll eat too little throughout the day and after working out, I have too many calories left over for dinner that I just can't eat. So to make sure I'm eating enough, and to make sure I'm getting a healthy balance of carbs and protein, I'll plan out my pre-dinner meals and make sure to leave an amount I can eat for dinner. I do leave room for flexibility, though... I don't always stick to it 100%, but it usually helps me focus. And because I tend to overeat on carbs and undereat on protein, it's done wonders for helping me increase me protein to better levels. It works for me!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I plan my day's meals every morning, so I know I'll be able to meet my daily calorie and nutrient goals.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I never can plan out the day, wish I could. 10 years ago I did when I had Daycare in my home. But sometimes I get my dinner in before or during fixing it, then I add my snack and make myself stick to it. SO I can just be done and not have to get on here late. But if I don't then I come back the next day and change it.
  • ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    i do it as with work i usually know wot im having a day in advance tho snacks usually change
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    I usually do before because what I eat doesn't vary a lot from day to day. Sometimes I log the night before so I can plan for something I really want to eat, like a dessert or something. I guess it depends on the person, but for me, I usually stick to it fairly well most days that I log ahead of time.
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes, helps a lot!!!!
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    I pack my lunch the night before so I go ahead and log everything while I am planning what to make. This has really helped make sure I am packing nutritionally balanced meals and snacks. It also saves me from getting to the end of the day and realizing that I am significantly over on calories, sodium, etc.
  • XBabigrl72
    Options
    I do it when I've had a "bad" day so I try to make the fallowing days better. It works when you feel yourself starting to slip away from your goals and need to add a little more structure to your day. Give it a try for a day or two. It works differently for everyone.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I typically make breakfast the night before to take to work, so I log that before I head to bed. Then I typically map out my dinner in downtimes I'm waiting for my system at work to load stuff as I process daily reports, so dinner is usually planned out and entered before lunch. Then I add in my lunch when I chose which meal I'm gonna have outta my bag of them in the freezer at work. And I have the same dessert every single night, so I sometimes enter that days ahead or at least by the time I enter dinner.

The only variables are the snacks I eat while at work. But I have a stash of personal snacks in my drawer at work so I always had a rough idea of what I'll be having (calorie-wise) with those each day, but choose based on my mood.

If I'm going out to eat someplace with friends at any point, I go online as soon as a location is picked, decide on my menu choice and get that entered, so sometimes I have those meals entered weeks in advance. The only thing entered even more in advance were thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner, which I entered almost two months in advance in sheer anticipation of the meals. lol