MY HOW THE MEASUREMENTS HAVE CHANGED!!

Options
ok so I did my check in a few days ago and was pleased with the results. However, I looked back at my entries when I first started on 12/30/10 and I am really happy now just seeing the progress. Here it goes....

Neck Before: 13.5 Now: 13

Waist Before: 39 Now: 37.5

Hips Before:49.5 Now: 47

Thighs Before: 29 Now: 24 ( THATS 5 INCHES!! SO PROUD OF THAT)

Arms Before: 13.5 Now: 13

Calfs Before: 16 Now: 16 ( not sure why that stayed the same, I do ALOT of speed walking though so I don't know if it has turned to muscle and isn't shrinking, idk I'm happy anyway! )

Bust Before: 47 Now: 46

Not bad right? I can tell a difference in my thighs and I love it, I thought I would never get rid of any part of my thighs and I was wrong. :) The bust however, we are all a big boobie family, lol I don't think those puppies are going anywhere, lmao.

Replies

• amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! i hate my thighs but they have went up a 1/2 inch in 2 weeks uggh oh well ill keep on eventually hopefully they will go down
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Well done that's fab! I did this last week and loved comparing the results. You should try measuring out your weight loss in groceries too and then you can really feel how much you've lost if you carry the groceries around the room! Itr's really encouraging! :wink:
  • grnfrog12
    grnfrog12 Posts: 10
    Options
    I read through you post- first off congrats. Secondly, weight has always been a battle for me. It seems that no matter what I do, I put on weight. Do you have helpful suggestions? I am so clueless at this point.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all!! Congratulations on your hard work!!!:flowerforyou:
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Good job...keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • futurehottie2011
    Options
    I read through you post- first off congrats. Secondly, weight has always been a battle for me. It seems that no matter what I do, I put on weight. Do you have helpful suggestions? I am so clueless at this point.

Thank you! Well the first thing I can say is, It's not easy. So you are not alone there and noone wants to be overweight and feel like crap because they get winded too fast like I was. Make sure you take your measurements and do them again every week or two.Because depending on what you are doing, you could be gaining muscle so the scale isn't gonna budge in that case. You may even gain a pound or two because muscle weighs more than fat. So take measurements because you're body could be getting toned up and you would'nt know it if you are only going by the scale. And you are your worst critic so something unseen to you can be seen by plenty of others. :) I don't know what your habits are like so I'm not sure what all to tell you. But I can say that I for instance was a BIG snacker when it came to watching tv. I had to have something to do with my hands, so I would eat, eat, eat. Now, I grab a big ol juicy red apple and a knife and a plate and I peel my apple little by little and slice it and eat it and I don't even know the difference. And as an end result, I'm satisfied. Apples are a very good choice to eat as a snack they are high in pectin which helps burn fat. What I like to do is I'll eat an apple about 1 hour or so before I eat lunch and do the same for dinner. That way I get fuller faster and I get the pectin I need to burn fat. Just make sure you choose a good apple because some are loaded with sugar, while others aren't as bad. But I still choose the big red delicious apples that are like the size of my fist and I'm doing great. I never really ate apples all that much when I was really heavy because I always opted for chocolate or salty chips so I forgot how good they were. I haven't gave up some of my favorite foods either, I just make them healthier. Like meatloaf,mmmmm mamma loves me some meatloaf,lol. So I still make it, I just lower the amount of crackers and ketchup and I use the leanest hamburger I can find and It actually tastes better than my old meatloaf,lol. Strange huh? Drink tons of water! I know to some it might sound impossible, but it's not. My sister in law used to make me sick because that's all she would drink while I was working on chugging down my 3rd mt.dew. I crave water now all the time!! And this is coming from someone who would literally drink a 12 pack a day of mt.dew by myself. I had caffeine headaches for a solid week all day long but they soon faded and I am around mt.dew all day because my boyfriend drinks it and I don't even care to even look at it. Definitely saved us some money, cuz pop isn't cheap! lol. Bottom line though cuz I'm running out of room,lol. Don't stress about it all the time stress leads to weight gain. If you are doing your all and giving your best effort it will happen. Make sure to stay active and to exercise enough to burn more than what you eat because if you are only burning what you eat then you will maintain and stay the same weight. Keep your head up, stay positive, make healthier choices and if you have a craving that you can't withhold from then take it but not all the time and as a smaller serving. I hope this helps, sorry it's really long. If you have any other questions, feel free to add me as a friend or shoot me a message. ;)
  • futurehottie2011
    Options
    Great job!!! i hate my thighs but they have went up a 1/2 inch in 2 weeks uggh oh well ill keep on eventually hopefully they will go down

Thank you, can I ask.. what types of excersing are you doing? My thighs have majorly went down thanks to walking. And that's the thing alot of people think " ugggh what is walking gonna do? You don't even sweat from walking compared to other things" boy are they wrong!! walking is great and especially for people who are really overweight or have bad knee or joint problems. Like me for instance I have what is called osgoodschlautter disease. yeah I know sounds weird and madeup I got teased because everyone thought I was making that up until I got a doctor's note to prove to their *kitten* it was real!! lol. But it's where when I was growing up my bones near my kneecap grew outward making like a big gooseegg right under my kneecap. It's very painful at times so I turned to walking and it has paid off majorly. Just make sure you stretch before you go to walk and challenge yourself a bit. Start off slow then speed up the pace for a few minutes and then slow again. I find it's best for me to walk in the country because then I don't have any distractions and I don't have to stop to cross a street. It used to kill me to walk now I can walk for 1 hour and don't mind a bit. I love it and the benefits are endless. So I would say give it a shot, if you are already walking then try speeding up your pace. I do a very brisk walk with my dog through the country and it takes me 45 mins to walk almost 2 miles. I about died the first day but now I get mad if I can't get it my walk. Hope this helps! :)
  • futurehottie2011
    Options
    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO COMMENTED ON MY POST!! :):) AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your success and great advice!
  • futurehottie2011
    Options
    congratulations on your success and great advice!

Thank you blue!! Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!