Real Age

Options
http://www.realage.com/ralong/entry4.aspx?cbr=GGLE806&gclid=CMbpgaaWs5YCFRJdxwodQkUBLg

About a year ago I came upon this page and did the test. I was devastated with the results, which put me at 10%+ over my real age.

After 4 months of MFP..changing my eating habits, adding exercise, lowering my cholesteral and no longer taking crestor, my Real Age has gone done 10 years!

Who would have thought making such changes as adding fruits and veggies could make such a huge difference.

So now I am more commited than ever to a healthier lifestyle!
000201C1.gif

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    http://www.realage.com/ralong/entry4.aspx?cbr=GGLE806&gclid=CMbpgaaWs5YCFRJdxwodQkUBLg

About a year ago I came upon this page and did the test. I was devastated with the results, which put me at 10%+ over my real age.

After 4 months of MFP..changing my eating habits, adding exercise, lowering my cholesteral and no longer taking crestor, my Real Age has gone done 10 years!

Who would have thought making such changes as adding fruits and veggies could make such a huge difference.

So now I am more commited than ever to a healthier lifestyle!
    000201C1.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I was just surfing the page and there is a nutrition assessment which is really helpful.
  • beccaboyle
    Options
    wow ive just used it and im 21 and it says that my real age is 19
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    My calender age is 45.7 and my REALAGE is 41.1, so yay me!!

Interesting.

A couple 23 year olds recently asked me how old I was, and my response was "How old do I look and act?".
    They replied "36-37."

Preen, preen.... :heart:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been around the sun 26 times.

But my real age is 24. I'm extremely overweight but I think - not smoking and drinking helps take care of my body. Plus of course, what I'm doing for it now.

I really do believe my body is a temple - its just those darn baked goods ...they get me everytime!:grumble:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Calendar Age
    Difference +3.5
    RealAge 28.4
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It has my calandar age at 23.7 (it should be about 21.7 but I can't find where to change it!) So it has me as -3.7 years and real age of 20.

ETA: Now I fixed it! It gives me a
    Calendar Age 21.7
    Difference -5.8
    RealAge 15.9!!!!!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am telling y'all. I was floored when I put all my info in last year and it told me my 'real' age was 55...I was only 46!

As I have changed my habits it has reduced and I am sure the 22 pounds shed from my body has a great deal to do with my new 'real' age of 43.9!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Ok.. here are my results...

Calendar age 31.5
    Real age 32.6

Guess I should not have smoked for that 2 years in high school! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options

But my real age is 24. I'm extremely overweight but I think - not smoking and drinking helps take care of my body. Plus of course, what I'm doing for it now.

I really do believe my body is a temple - its just those darn baked goods ...they get me everytime!:grumble:

This is true. However, Dr. Oz does this test and he thinks everyone should drink a glass of wine or something like that a day. He believes it is healthier and de-toxifying (I believe is the word).

It had my age as healthy too because of exercise even though I am still so overweight.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

This is true. However, Dr. Oz does this test and he thinks everyone should drink a glass of wine or something like that a day. He believes it is healthier and de-toxifying (I believe is the word).

It had my age as healthy too because of exercise even though I am still so overweight.

I have always had a problem with Dr Oz because of this. I come from a long line of alcoholics, so a glass of wine is deadly in my family. My mom died of cirhosis of the liver.
    So if he deducted from me for that-poo on him I am still 42!! haha
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options

I have always had a problem with Dr Oz because of this. I come from a long line of alcoholics, so a glass of wine is deadly in my family. My mom died of cirhosis of the liver.
    So if he deducted from me for that-poo on him I am still 42!! haha

LOL. Poo on him! It is true, not everyone should drink a glass a day! Yikes.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    my calender age 52.11 my real age 52.1 .....ok, not brill but considering I smoked (gave up last year) for around 36 years and have my wine on weekends thats not so bad ...I hope!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    my calender age 52.11 my real age 52.1 .....ok, not brill but considering I smoked (gave up last year) for around 36 years and have my wine on weekends thats not so bad ...I hope!

If you look there is a section that tells you what you can do to lower your real age. Some of mine were impossible-like cancer in the family. But some made a real difference like adding vitamins and calcium, and more veggies
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My RealAge
    Calendar Age 38.6
    Difference +1.4
    RealAge 40.0

My slacking off at the gym along with the stress in my life right now, and the smoking I do - I know these are the reasons for my results. But the good news is that the stress is starting to go away and I will quit smoking by the end of the year. And the gym...well, I'm back at it 100% tomorrow. That should make a big difference.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Just took it, waiting, wow, it makes you think what you actully do on a weekly basis....
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm 26.5. My real age is 23.6.
    I do well with wearing my seatbelt and never smoking. My slacking areas are my working out and eating healthy.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Just took it, waiting, wow, it makes you think what you actully do on a weekly basis....

OMG!!!!! I have to do something fast!!!!!

Calendar Age
    37.2 Difference
    +11 RealAge
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I'm fortunate to have good health and good genetics. But should change some of my diet habits. Don't think the red meat once a week is gonna happen! But could try to get more veggies in!

Calendar Age

Difference

RealAge
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    Calender age is 27.1
    Real age is 25.2