Cut the Chafe?

Options
Hey! So I'm about 26# down right now, and my legs have shrunk considerably.
I'm just wondering, how much weight did you need to lose/how much did you weigh when you're inner thighs stopped touching/rubbing together?
This is a huge insecurity for me, and I just want to know when I should look forward to non-touching thighs!
(P.S. I'm 5'7" and medium build)
Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body. I'm 5'4 130, and mine still rub together. It bugs the hell out of me, especially when I'm trying to run and my running shorts ride up.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you are built; my body is built so my legs, knees, curve in so I have to be very thin before the chaffing stops.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'8" and even when I was 130 I had chafing problems. Of course, I was much less fit/toned, so who knows. It depends on your fat distribution and body composition. You could weigh 160 and have that space.
  • SortaBadass
    SortaBadass Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with a medium build as well and I think (in my skinnier days) I was about 140 or 135 when my thighs stopped rubbing together. It does depend on how your body distributes weight, though. My fat cells are big fans of my thighs.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    This is my goooooooooal!

People used to ask me "if you are losing weight, how do you know when to stop?" and my response was always 'whenever my legs stop rubbing together.'

I can't STAND it. I hate wearing out jeans cause I "swish" when I walk. I have no idea if it is even possible to get my legs thin enough for this to happen, but I am trying damn hard!
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have that problem too. Sometimes when I go for a run I have to use Body Glide or wear tights.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    mine still rub a little, but I remember when I couldn't even cross my legs and my pant would get holes in them, they were so big
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    This is my goooooooooal!

People used to ask me "if you are losing weight, how do you know when to stop?" and my response was always 'whenever my legs stop rubbing together.'

I can't STAND it. I hate wearing out jeans cause I "swish" when I walk. I have no idea if it is even possible to get my legs thin enough for this to happen, but I am trying damn hard!

That's kind of how I feel....."whenever my legs stop rubbing together"...that's when I'll stop.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately I am also one of those people who no matter what weight I am my thighs touch. Some people just got them thick legs & that's how it's gonna be. If it helps any, all the guys I know said they feel it's more attractive when a woman does not have a gap between her thighs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!